Annual Ouray camping trip Aug 3rd - 7th, 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
We have been to that falls. Pretty hike if I recall.

One of my students and her husband managed to grab a spot! Very cool people- Leslie and Daniel. Dan is new to 4wd, and is running stock, may or may not run with us... In other newTail tool box, handguards, footpegs and wolfy tank bag install..
IMG_0835.JPG

IMG_0835.JPG

Last edited:
One of my students and her husband managed to grab a spot! Very cool people- Leslie and Daniel. Dan is new to 4wd, and is running stock, may or may not run with us... In other newTail tool box, handguards, footpegs and wolfy tank bag install..
View attachment 1298173

View attachment 1298171

What site # did your friend grab? Remember that I'm stock so Dan will be in good hands. As long as he has a good attitude and wants to learn, he'll do well on the easy trails.

What site # did your friend grab? Remember that I'm stock so Dan will be in good hands. As long as he has a good attitude and wants to learn, he'll do well on the easy trails.

Not sure which site.. but Dan (and Leslie) are reasonable and easy going. (read no-overbearing-egos) Super cool, bright people! They will be in Saturday, so maybe not much wheeling.

Another hike I am stoked to try is up to the Sutton mine... that weird little shack opposite Million highway with the antique shop banner.

Sutton Overlook Neosho Mine

get packin...

Ouray, CO | 57.6° | Scattered Clouds

whoa.. I am still stoked though.

List of attendees and their site #. Please let me know if I have the wrong site # for you.

Ali x 3 #8
Scott x 4 #11
Larry x3 #14
Franklin x 3 #6
Justin x 2 #7
Steve x 1 #7
Ron G. x 4 #5
Adams x 4 #2
Dan and Leslie x 2 (fri show up)

Cancel and site avail list:

Avail #1 (Joe cancelled)
Avail #4 (elec only, avail 8/4, 8/5, 8/6)
Avail #9 (Todd x 3 #9 - cancelled)
Grant (Rugger92) x 3.25 hotel

Let me know if I missed anyone. Check the 10 day weather forecast, rain!!!

Looks like great weather after too many hot days in Albuquerque.

Soooo I may be in Durango/Bayfield Friday,. If its cool with you guys, I may be able to stretch my weekend to catch up with you for the Saturday leg.
Are your plans for Mineral Creek/Engineer pass to Lake City still a go?

Soooo I may be in Durango/Bayfield Friday,. If its cool with you guys, I may be able to stretch my weekend to catch up with you for the Saturday leg.
Are your plans for Mineral Creek/Engineer pass to Lake City still a go?

All trail rides are weather dependent but I don't think the rain will impact the Engineer pass trail. However, the rain may make us swap Black Bear pass with some other trails.

Just met John (coming down from Ouray) who arrived here at Navajo Lake campground. Said that there are two construction delays between Durango and Ouray. Road work between Durango and Silverton with one lane closed. Cliff retention work between Silverton and Ouray where both lanes are closed for 15-20 minutes at a time. Said to give an an extra hour for travel.

Last edited:
Just met John (coming down from Ouray) who arrived here at Navajo Lake campground. Said that there are two construction delays between Durango and Ouray. Road work between Durango and Silverton with one lane closed. Cliff retention work between Silverton and Ouray where both lanes are closed for 15-20 minutes at a time. Said to give an an extra hour for travel.

Good intel, thanks Larry.

Last edited:
Good intel, thanks Larry. John who, Franklin?

negative, but I'm getting excited nevertheless. packing up tonight and heading out in the AM tomorrow.

Justin, you will be my hero if you ride that thing from Albuquerque to Ouray!!! Come on I TRIPLE dog dare you!

Is there anyone convoying up, we will be ready to leave in the a.m.?

Convoy:

We'll be leaving Tijeras, hopefully before 9am and need to make couple of stops along the way. Picking up a HT radio from Matt outside of base gate on Wyoming. Then AmToy to return an item, then one last stop in RR (Northern/528) before heading to Bad Ass coffee in Bernalillo.

John will be on our way on Paseo.

Shall we meet up at Badass coffee, sometimes by 10:30ish? I can adjust my depart anytime.

Index

Comm: 146.400. I'll bring two extra HTs with me. Wont be monitoring Megalink due to having my HT only and not proficient on changing freqs w/o crashing vehicle.

Last edited:
Sounds good Badass coffee by 10, see you all there.

If you need another HT, mine is available.

I managed to get a pass from chores and met up with the Ouray crew for Engineer pass Saturday.
Hopefully a better photographer will post up, but here's a few crappy iphone pics
Damp, but super day in the hills
Thanks for doing this Ali!

IMG_1547.JPG
IMG_1534.JPG
IMG_1553.JPG
IMG_1550resize.jpg

Nice Grant! Good to see you again. I have a mix of cell phone and real camera pics I need to sift through, i'll post some up once I get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom