An interior tire carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When I asked lcphil why people put their tires inside instead of a swing out, he said something along the lines of you'll find out haha. It's a pita to get anything out of the back

When I asked lcphil why people put their tires inside instead of a swing out, he said something along the lines of you'll find out haha. It's a pita to get anything out of the back

I used to think swing outs looked so cool and wanted one. Then I remembered the stupid Honda Passport I had for about 3 months (company car). PITA! Plus I like how my truck looks from behind without it underneath. :cool:

Gotcha. I thought so but today I founds with 2 kids in the back seat pushing hard it almost touches my puma so I thought I'd verify. Thanks!

Any movement on this?

I believe Phil is making a few refinements and working on shipping options

Great, thanks!

All valid reasoning! I don't wheel my truck as much as I would like. But I don't like my tire underneath my rig. OBA is on the list but it's at about #183 for now...

A package deal would be interesting so I could just add the Puma down the road...

I hadn't noticed your location previously. I lived in Cedar Rapids for a short while years ago. Northgate Drive in the NE Quadrant of the city. Is it still mapped out that way? Pretty area on the river, but IIRC there were some strong smells when the rendering plant and oat plants where cooking and you happened to be down wind.

I hadn't noticed your location previously. I lived in Cedar Rapids for a short while years ago. Northgate Drive in the NE Quadrant of the city. Is it still mapped out that way? Pretty area on the river, but IIRC there were some strong smells when the rendering plant and oat plants where cooking and you happened to be down wind.

Yes. That is right across the river from where I live. Tuesdays and Thursdays are the best days. Quaker Oats is making Crunch Berries. :) Wed and Fri are pretty good when they are making Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal and Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal. haha

My first ever Land Cruiser was purchased from Glendale, AZ. Full circle.

Sorry for the hijack...

Carriers are ready, check out Phil's site

Inside tire carrier option now available

Info HERE

Last edited:
How did they go end over end?!

Turned off onto a step soft hill side in the dark:beer:, hit the brakes:beer:, front dug in and the rear came over then a side rolled to the bottom. No one was hurt except a totaled Land Cruiser and a spilled :beer:

Very fortunate!

Turned off onto a step soft hill side in the dark:beer:, hit the brakes:beer:, front dug in and the rear came over then a side rolled to the bottom. No one was hurt except a totaled Land Cruiser and a spilled :beer:

Third time's a charm!

And that's why a tire mounted solidly if it's in the truck is a good (great) idea. Now if I could figure how to do this in a first-gen 4Runner :hmm:

And that's why a tire mounted solidly if it's in the truck is a good (great) idea. Now if I could figure how to do this in a first-gen 4Runner :hmm:
If you are comfortable drilling a couple holes in the floor our tire mount would work without a PUMA mount:idea:

If you are comfortable drilling a couple holes in the floor our tire mount would work without a PUMA mount:idea:

Um, yeah. Can I get the dimensions? Or just stop by and try the thing out and see? Probably still the main deal is fitting a 35" tire in there.

Um, yeah. Can I get the dimensions? Or just stop by and try the thing out and see? Probably still the main deal is fitting a 35" tire in there.

I can leave one out for you to come by and play with it:idea:

Carrier is 1.375" wider than a 35" tire. 18" tall and 24" deep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom