Alternator bracket F engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think I finally figured out how that strange bracket was used and still used the long bolt

I think it was a hack job from the PO

I think I finally figured out how that strange bracket was used and still used the long bolt

I think it was a hack job from the PO

1644705818794821214882167395086.jpg

F engine alternators mounted low on the left side have different "clocking" of the pivot bosses vs. adjusting bosses than the 2F alternator mounted on the upper right side.

F engine has bottom at 6:00 and top at 1:30 looking towards fan. 2F has bosses at 6:00 and 12:00.

The 2F alternator's adjusting boss drops below the stock straight-slotted bar before the belt is tensioned. The F alternator positions the adjusting boss further down the side of the alternator, so the straight bar works fine.

Some have used a curved bar for mounting the 2F alternator on the lower left side.

This is covered in the following thread:

F engine alternators mounted low on the left side have different "clocking" of the pivot bosses vs. adjusting bosses than the 2F alternator mounted on the upper right side.

F engine has bottom at 6:00 and top at 1:30 looking towards fan. 2F has bosses at 6:00 and 12:00.

The 2F alternator's adjusting boss drops below the stock straight-slotted bar before the belt is tensioned. The F alternator positions the adjusting boss further down the side of the alternator, so the straight bar works fine.

Some have used a curved bar for mounting the 2F alternator on the lower left side.

This is covered in the following thread:

thank you very much for posting this @73FJ40 :)

Old thread revival. But I have a question about the drive belts above. I have the 99323-01040 on my 69 fj40. It was a tight fit. I just replaced the alt and adjuster with one of Matt's nice setups and the belt no longer fits with new unit (same clocking and location but 55amp instead of 40amp toyota). Seems like the Toyota v belt 99523-11067 would be the solution, but it's unavailable. Anyone installed a new belt recently and have a part number? Aftermarket or toyota.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom