Alternatives to the 1HD-FT crossover pipe/valve cover insulator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kenavt

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Hey folks, I'm curious if anyone has found an alternative to an OEM part for the 1HD-FT's crossover pipe to valve cover insulator (OEM part number 17117-17020). It's NLA from the typical suspects (Partsouq, Amayama) and is just a foam spacer that sits between the air intake/crossover pipe and the valve cover. Mine has become oil-soaked and gross after a double whammy of oil in the intake from blow-by (catch can installed), and a bad valve cover gasket leak (now both getting addressed).

This part feels like something that should be easy to cut from a larger generic block of foam - if you can find the right foam material or compound. Has anyone tried this?

IMG_0188.jpg

1703641835307.png

You could just use some closed cell EVA foam.

In Australia, 10mmx100mm rolls of eva foam is readily available in hardware stores for use as an expansion joint for concrete.

Glue layers together as needed

You could just use some closed cell EVA foam.

In Australia, 10mmx100mm rolls of eva foam is readily available in hardware stores for use as an expansion joint for concrete.

Glue layers together as needed

I had not heard of this before - sounds like a great idea! Water-resistant, chemical-resistant, large temp range, meant for outdoors use. Unfortunately couldn't find it at our big US chain stores (Home Depot and Lowes), but just ordered some online to try. Will report back how it compares.

I had not heard of this before - sounds like a great idea! Water-resistant, chemical-resistant, large temp range, meant for outdoors use. Unfortunately couldn't find it at our big US chain stores (Home Depot and Lowes), but just ordered some online to try. Will report back how it compares.
Any luck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom