Alternate Fridge suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

May be too small at 25litres but I have one of these and love it. Can be found on eBay however I didn't see one listed today. Temp is not adjustable but usually can be had for $250

Mine isn't mounted permanently but I put it in the cargo area. Power cord is like 6ft long and runs off cigarette lighter .

Drinks and food when camping or day tripping.. Mostly drinks though

This is the one that I am going to put to replace my center console in my 93 80. I have an Edgestar 80L. It's "fine". Don't love it but it works. It's just too big and it's an energy hog. I will partner it with a 40L+/- Engel or ARB.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075J5VVN7/ref=twister_B075TXGY98?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Whenever my OEM console fridge dies, I'll replace it with one of these I think. Looks to be about the same size, and it has cupholders! Would also tick one more box for the "RV" insurance classification having a fridge that is powered without the engine running.
Is there anyway this particular model can be fastened down between the front seats?

Whenever my OEM console fridge dies, I'll replace it with one of these I think. Looks to be about the same size, and it has cupholders! Would also tick one more box for the "RV" insurance classification having a fridge that is powered without the engine running.
Is there anyway this particular model can be fastened down between the front seats?

I haven’t looked but will assume I’ll have to fab a shelf to “level” out that are. Hopefully there is a way to bolt it to that. Otherwise I’ll make the shelf with walls on the side to come up a ways to hold it. I’ll figure something out. It definitely won’t be a simple plug and play.

Another vote for Truckfridge/Indel-B. Budget brand, but mine is almost 3 years old now and I've been very impressed with it.

I've been running an older ARB/Engel for the past decade or so. Was a good fridge. Have friends that I travel with that use newer ARB and National Luna fridges so I have some experience with those too. I recently replaced mine with a SnoMaster. Been very impressed with the SnoMaster so far and if it continues to impress me the way it has so far it will likely be my new favorite fridge.

Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

SnoMaster. Only fridge I’d buy (again ;).

Fairly strong statement. Much more than just a "i love my fridge" statement. I'm very happy with my arb but would have no issues with an engel or national luna. Heard good things about snow master but don't think my 6 years of use is enough time to rule out all others.

I have a Coleman Free Piston Stirling Engine fridge. 28 QTs and it ran for 8 years before I got a 50qt ARB fridge. Nothing wrong with it, other than it was too small for two people for a weekend. It is ridiculously efficient. My only gripe with it is that 1. They aren't available new any more. 2. They are a bit too small.

The edgestar has been surprisingly resilient for me. It’s been running nonstop for about a year and a half now, on a single 27F battery and stays at the set temp even when it’s 117° outside, parked in the sun, in the middle of summer in Phoenix.

It’s also stood up to quite a bit of abuse, but keeps on trucking. Good lil trooper if you ask me.

It’s sitting in about 3” of water in this pic. Still kept everyone’s lunch cold, still running just fine. I don’t know how in the hell it survived that. When the interior got ripped out to be dried, it was unplugged for about three minutes before switching to AC until it went back in the truck.
1858B297-538E-446C-94A9-B025CF162C94.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom