Alexander Mackenzie Trail - 2013 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished all the pre trip maintenance. Most of the meat is frozen, just perishables to pick up sat along the way. Will be leaving lower mainland about 9-10am on the 24th. :steer:

Pretty much clothes and food on sat morn & good to go. We'll be stopping at the garlic festival in lac la hache for lunch on the way up on sat.

Dirk, I just got off the phone with SPOT. They're having issues with their servers.
You should be getting 2 messages sometime this aft...:rolleyes:
Now I'm wondering just how well this service will be working if we actually need it...:doh:

Ridendude, this is the message I got from you. lol. Stuk already?
ridendude
Latitude:50.67255
Longitude:-120.31036
GPS location Date/Time:08/23/2013 17:41:17 PDT

Message:If you get this message, then I'm stuck and need winch, rigging, etc. Or fuel, or something else...

Click the link below to see where I am located.
http://fms.ws/DX-xA/50.67255N/120.31036W

If the above link does not work, try this link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...1036&ll=50.67255,-120.31036&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1

ridendude

You have received this message because ridendude has added you to their SPOT contact list.

Ready for Adventure
FindMeSPOT.com

Lmao! Nope. Had some issues with the spot server. All fixed now.
The only thing ill be stuck in for the next little bit will be a beer or more and supper at the Noble Pig Brewhouse.

Yuk!!! The weather has been kinda mediocre down here too. Looks like it wants to storm, but not quite there yet.

Is Mike Allan from PG going on this trip, I forget the forum handle he uses. I think he helped out some with the last trip.
Anyways...I saw an article in one of the local papers, I think it was the Metro, where they had an article on medical expenses for when a family has to travel out of town for treatment, and the picture showed a Mike Allen from PG with his family, and that he had to travel to Edmonton for melanoma treatments several times.
So if it's the same Mike, and it sure looked like him, but I haven't seen him since he was president of the 4WDABC, someone say hi and wish him all the best from me please.

http://metronews.ca/news/canada/773334/have-illness-will-travel-cancer-patient-mike-allans-story/

Ha Ha, Jeff, Look at the post above yours, that's Mike right there ;)

Latest spot beacon from Tsacha Lake last night. Looks like they will follow the Blackwater River system on to Kluskus Lakes, Euchiniko Lakes and Kluskoil Lake. Kluskoil L has American white pelicans that come in every year for the summer. Georgeous location with great fishing.

Oh! Well hi Mike, and best wishes and all that stuff!

Thanks buddy!! You were correct and that was my story in the paper. I'm back from the trip early. lol. My new lifestyle doesn't allow me to get to far away but my whole intent was to make it from Gatcho to Tsacha Lake one more time and I did it!!
The crew is continuing on, staying at Messue crossing tonight with a visit to Kyosho Falls and then heading for Kluskoil tomorrow.

The trip from Gatcho to Tascha was horrendous due to the downed timber from the pine beetle.

We had a couple incidents with mud holes and off camber hillsides but Ill leave that to the boys to share when they get back.

Its an amazing trip that will never short change anyone.

Looks like they made it to Kluskoil Lake, a great spot to relax and stop to enjoy the fishing and solitude. The hardest going is done and from there not far to Nazko and on to Williams Lake. We tried to detour south to Highway 20 but the terrain was only suitable for quads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom