Alexander Mackenzie Trail - 2013 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As far as I know, the meeting spot is still McIntyre lk rec site.
Ill have my Spot activated for the trip also.

Participants note:
'Preparations' see Post #8
'Date' August 24th, Saturday about 6 PM
'Where' --see post #35 and #41 .

Meeting point reference is to the bottom right corner below in yellow.
Its just past the Sheep Creek Bridge over the Fraser and once you are back up on the plateau look for first right past the pullover on the left. As I recall not much wood there.

If you can't find it -- its probably a blessing in disguise.

If anyone is going to be late - please advise as Anahim Lake is 5.5 hours west for last fuel.
Hope to see you there ....
http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/camp-fire-smiley.gif

August-15-13 (5).jpg

Participants note:
'Preparations' see Post #8
'Date' August 24th, Saturday about 6 PM
'Where' --see post #35 and #41 .

Meeting point reference is to the bottom right corner below in yellow.
Its just past the Sheep Creek Bridge over the Fraser and once you are back up on the plateau look for first right past the pullover on the left. As I recall not much wood there.

If you can't find it -- its probably a blessing in disguise.

If anyone is going to be late - please advise as Anahim Lake is 5.5 hours west for last fuel.
Hope to see you there ....

Hey!!! I like that last line!! Looks like Glenns in!! Whoop Whoop!! lol:clap:

Mackenzie Prep

I have been packing, selling, dumping and giving away stuff since late June when my house sold.

Today was the big day -- the 20' foot container was hauled away - the tandem had its front axle 1' foot off the ground. And away she goes.

That had to be done before I could go - so it looks like a go for Mackenzie!

P1050822 [1024x768].jpg

P1050827 [1024x768].jpg

Congrats on that Glenn :bounce:

The precheck road check started tonight on the Toy and will continue through tomorrow. Hard road test on sunday and then start packing!!

Hard test on sunday completed and alas, there's things to do. Ordered aprts today which should be in tomorrow and then installed. Barring anything out of the ordinary I should be good to go.

Grocery list is made, packing list completed. Just gotta put the truck back together. :)

Glad it all worked out Glenn!!

And as of noon tomorrow the Caribou fire ban is rescinded due to lower fire hazard :clap:

And as of noon tomorrow the Caribou fire ban is rescinded due to lower fire hazard :clap:

The stars have alligned!

I'm going into ateb on thursday morning for some last minute maintenance. Hopefully I'll be on the road by friday afternoon.

The stars have alligned!

I'm going into ateb on thursday morning for some last minute maintenance. Hopefully I'll be on the road by friday afternoon.

Fri afternoon, what time on sat do you expect to be there? I think Ill be leaving PG about 10ish on Sat which should put me to the rec site by no later than 5pm. A stop in WL for gas and a munch then hit the hill for the long crawl up it.

I'll be at Green Lake (70 mile) on Friday night. Should have lots of time to get there for 6 on Saturday.

The rig is packed - fridge is on.
Coming to the Lower Mainland Thursday to do some pre-trip business in Vancouver and staying the night at Gary Telford's.
Then to the US Friday for Cruiser parts then to Chilliwack to see Jason then north to Williams Lake - I will stay somewhere along the way.
Saturday afternoon I will be at the Save-on-Foods (730 Oliver) loading up on fresh meat and produce. Might see some of you folks there.:grinpimp:

Diesel is $1.48 in Anahim Lake and stores (all 2?) are open Sunday till 7 at least. Stuff is will much cheaper in Williams Lake - so load up there.

Glenn, let me know where you plan to pitch your tent on Friday night and maybe we can share a fire.

PM me your cell number and I will try to call you late Friday afternoon.
G...

Anyone have a SPOT running that can share their track with me?
That way the wife can follow us we go.
Thanks

Can do, just got batteries for that thirsty little sucker yesterday.
Truck is 90% packed, and eager to hit the road. I have today and tomorrow off work to tie up all the little loose ends and relax :rolleyes:

Yup, PM me your email and I can add it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom