Alaska Cruiser Trek 80 Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just got off the phone with JL Roberts Mechanical doing my part to fund this adventure

funny.

i clicked @wct49 s live feed last week for a minute, just happened to be mentioning "lous" and that i was the sponsor for that segment. lol......damn straight.....

hope theyre having a good time.

Looks like yesterday was an out and back? Appears as though they camped in the same vicinity as the night prior:

Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 8.45.38 AM.png

Larry. Do they usually just get to an area and explore? I thought it was more point to point.

Sir,
It is my understanding that 2014 was unusual and we did keep a base camp for a couple of nights and explored the surrounding area. You are right the norm is point to point with opportunities to explore areas (like around and on glaciers that might be a dead end otherwise).

What made 2014 unusual was we were attempting a route that had never been successfully completed before. Based on maps and photos, it looked risky but viable. We got in and found that it was impassible which forced us to turn around. From there, the trail blazer plan was out the window and we adlibbed from there. I had a blast even though we drove more gravel roads than desired.

Looks like they backtracked again yesterday, but then they went due south to camp. I think they are back to Anchorage on Sunday.

Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 12.15.43 PM.png

I talked to Helen. She's talked to Chris on the sat phone every day except yesterday. Says they ran out of beer and pop tarts and JRobs dad flew them more in.

How's that for bad ass.

Nolen, gonna need you to line up an air drop on our next trip out. Don't just want it to happen, need it to happen.

If we go back to Big Bend State Park I'll get @cbmontgo to make an airdrop.

Had to post this last update from the iPhone, so it sucks resolution wise. This image was at a '5 mile' scale. Most of the others are 1 or 2 mile by comparison. Here's the track summary from some time last Sunday after they had already been offroad a while:

image.png

I was hoping it would capture a single track from pavement to pavement, but it looks like the tracking feature was restarted a couple of times at the onset of the trek. Operator error...

Holy s*** what a trip. We've elected CT to do the write up given his live feed and what not. We are at Mark's cleaning, repacking and repairing. We found double rainbows, Eagles, Dall sheep, bears, and went fishing. Epic freaking trip. I took 1000 pictures but they are on the big camera. I'll download when I get to a computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom