Builds AK HJ-75 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

they are fairly cheap, this one was on sale for $150.00, the only problem with this model is that it does not have closeable window's, you have to use the rain fly. the nice model runs about $250.00 I think it was. I picked the size for the 2016 Tacoma since it was the closest I could come up with in size given the "odd" size of our trucks :)

Coldtaco
I will have a look at what's on sale but postage would probably cost $100 or more so maybe best to get one made downunder.
Cheers

Next job. Wasn't really keen on how the water temp gauge would go above 3/4 on the gauge when climbing long hills and egt's staying 900F-1050F. So, finally got my mechanical water temp gauge installed to know exactly what kind of temps are indicated by the factory gauge.
Had to tap the aluminum adapter to a 14mm 1.0.

Then I dropped off the radiator at a local shop. Says part of the top was blocked.

so he put in a new core that he claims is a stronger design and better cooling.
Here she is ready to go in.

finished installed.

I hate it when I have left over hardware. I checked everything 3 times and can't find where the three left over nuts went. oh well.

Coldtaco
The lj78 bucket seats will fit hj75 but you need to drill 3 new holes where the captive nuts are located.
Happy wife happy life. :)

In the parking lot:)

image.jpeg

I lived in Anchorage many many moons ago. Your pictures are brining to mind some good memories! I'm glad Charles truck has gone to such a beautiful place to spend its "retirement". Please keep sharing the adventures with us?

Hello Coldtaco,

Great to see you're looking after a lovely pick-up. Don't you love the good feeling from making improvements? The new rad must give you great peace of mind, too. And thank you for posting the parts numbers and manufacturers - i'm taking notes.

I have another thread I think in the diesel section about my high water temps at above 65mph, even with the new rad, flushed/cleaned 3 times bigger opening thermostat, a air scoop to direct air to the lower 4in of the rad that is blocked. All to no avail? Want to get Evans waterless coolant but hazmat shipping to AK is really high, almost as much as the coolant and cleaner itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom