Builds AK HJ-75 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I couldn't press like on all the pics! Must have been a great trip. really fun just rolling the miles on.
I lived all along the Alaska Hwy for several years surveying the new hwy alignments, best memories of my life.
Should have a rock solid idea on fuel economy now! Maybe see you up there end of the year, depending on
how my trip works out.

Hello Coldtaco,

Thanks for posting, this is good. I must admit it's odd to read that you 'spent the night with 61Mk+'! You ended up with a great looking box cover, suits your pick-up just fine, i'd say.

Great pics, must have been a fun road trip and an excellent way to get familiarized the 75

finished the two aux gauges install, still need to install the water temp bulb, it does read engine compartment temp :)

installed a hood shield (blanket?) can't hear the turbo wine as much :-( Hopefully will help reduce heat loss rate in the winter.

Last edited:
Saturday night did a camping test run. Got a truck bed tent for a late model Tacoma. Fit pretty good, just the color is not good for Alaska summer use since it does nothing to make the inside of the tent dark. Might have to get a camo tarp to use as a rain fly :) Camped at the trail head of the Resurrection Trail head at Hope. In the fall I want to go back to a trail in the next valley that looks pretty cool.

I really need to extend my trip in Sept. Not sure I have the time. So lucky to live there...

New front fuel level thingy:)

image.jpeg

Man, that rig has seen more offroading in the last few months than the years prior :p

Saturday night did a camping test run. Got a truck bed tent for a late model Tacoma. Fit pretty good, just the color is not good for Alaska summer use since it does nothing to make the inside of the tent dark. Might have to get a camo tarp to use as a rain fly :) Camped at the trail head of the Resurrection Trail head at Hope. In the fall I want to go back to a trail in the next valley that looks pretty cool.

Love the pick up tent wish they sold these in Australia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom