AirDownGearUp SS1: Storage, Sleeper and Drawer System for 200 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 80 series model weights the same?
Yes, they're almost exactly the same system. The 80 probably weighs another 2 ounces because it has slightly more wing material, but otherwise they're identical.

@suprarx7nut and @Kyle Bell spent some time on the phone with me yesterday, trying to help figure out how to fit a 1/2 system and my 21.75" wide TemboTusk Jumbo slide into the 200. It looks like the only way will be to elevate the slide on taller longitudinal runners, so that it encroaches into the curve of the wheel well liner. Kyle sent the enclosed photo of a customer who did a similar install, but with a smaller fridge and slide.

imagejpeg_0.jpg

If this is your truck, do you have any additional photos, especially with the fridge out? I can't really see the slide or runners on the right. It also sorta looks like you retained the sleeper on the passenger side. If so, how did you do this?

I've considered the possibility of getting the full platform and one drawer, then cutting the top panel around the fridge so that I can retain the wings and sleeper in front of the fridge. And/or possibly a false drawer front on the fridge slide for appearance and to cover the opening under the wing.

I'm 5'8" and Deb is 5'2", so mounting the fridge slide on top of the platform isn't really an option. And at 21.5" tall, I'm not sure our National Luna 90 Twin would even fit on top, with the slide and KAON shelf eating away at the height.

Question for anyone: What's the length front to back on the top platform? It isn't shown on the web site. And Andy or Kyle; is the seat delete option just the frame to use with an already installed sleeper? Or a separate option altogether with it's own frame and top platform? The seat delete option isn't on the web site yet and I'd be interested in at least the 60% side, and maybe the 40% as well.

Thanks you so much for taking the time to talk with me, and the patience to help me work through options. The financial manager has already given the go-ahead, and even insisted on the drawer, when I was going to go without. Bonus! :) Once I figure out what will work best, I'll be giving you guys a call to order! I want take advantage of the sale price.

@suprarx7nut and @Kyle Bell spent some time on the phone with me yesterday, trying to help figure out how to fit a 1/2 system and my 21.75" wide TemboTusk Jumbo slide into the 200. It looks like the only way will be to elevate the slide on taller longitudinal runners, so that it encroaches into the curve of the wheel well liner. Kyle sent the enclosed photo of a customer who did a similar install, but with a smaller fridge and slide.

View attachment 3267234

If this is your truck, do you have any additional photos, especially with the fridge out? I can't really see the slide or runners on the right. It also sorta looks like you retained the sleeper on the passenger side. If so, how did you do this?

I've considered the possibility of getting the full platform and one drawer, then cutting the top panel around the fridge so that I can retain the wings and sleeper in front of the fridge. And/or possibly a false drawer front on the fridge slide for appearance and to cover the opening under the wing.

I'm 5'8" and Deb is 5'2", so mounting the fridge slide on top of the platform isn't really an option. And at 21.5" tall, I'm not sure our National Luna 90 Twin would even fit on top, with the slide and KAON shelf eating away at the height.

Question for anyone: What's the length front to back on the top platform? It isn't shown on the web site. And Andy or Kyle; is the seat delete option just the frame to use with an already installed sleeper? Or a separate option altogether with it's own frame and top platform? The seat delete option isn't on the web site yet and I'd be interested in at least the 60% side, and maybe the 40% as well.

Thanks you so much for taking the time to talk with me, and the patience to help me work through options. The financial manager has already given the go-ahead, and even insisted on the drawer, when I was going to go without. Bonus! :) Once I figure out what will work best, I'll be giving you guys a call to order! I want take advantage of the sale price.
Andy here. To clarify, that picture above has the fridge on no slide at all. It's just placed down (wedged to some degree) between the system and the wheel well. I'm not sure if they ever added a slide. I had the impression they liked it just tucked in there with no movement.

Length on top of the 200 series sleeper platform is 71-72". There's additional space above the platform at the hatch and the front seat (our system isn't touching on either end).

The seat delete option is the framework. The sleeper panels are all the same. We can add some fastener holes to the sleepers if it's going to be permanently laid out, but I think most customers prefer the flexibility of folding the sleeper quickly if they need a spot of tall/bulky storage.

Let us know if we can answer anything else!

-Andy

Length on top of the 200 series sleeper platform is 71-72".
Sorry, I meant just the front to back length of the base platform, not the sleeper.

Thanks for the clarification, Andy. I missed that during our phone conversation. When you guys were mentioning taller runners, I thought you meant the one in the photo had that.

Buy a smaller fridge? That's a monster. My National Luna 50 liter dual zone worked great for a month of travel and is svelte by comparison.

Buy a smaller fridge?
Good question. And probably a legitimate point to make for two people. I bought the NL 90 Twin back in 2016, when an ARB 50 was one of the few choices and cost $850 plus shipping. The NL 90 Twin was $2700 at Equipt. I got mine out of a Conqueror trailer show unit that had never been used for $1000; an offer I couldn't turn down.

Now, six-plus years later, we've gotten used to the volume. No need to prep smaller portions, or keep a separate cooler with drinks. Just toss in everything we might use for three or four days and then some, and off we go. I want to try to use what I already have if I can.

Sorry, I meant just the front to back length of the base platform, not the sleeper.

Thanks for the clarification, Andy. I missed that during our phone conversation. When you guys were mentioning taller runners, I thought you meant the one in the photo had that.
Ah, ok. The cargo area platform is 39" deep.

Yes, that picture we shared has the fridge sitting on the anchors along the floor (no runners). We took more measurements just now and on the 200 it appears you would need to get 7-9" above the floor to clear than large Tembo Slide.

Alternatively, you could run our kitchen, even with your 90L fridge. Our kitchen is made to fit fridges up to 36" long and just about any width that fits in the car. Our kitchen floor is 18.5 wide, but is designed to allow overhang so you can go really wide.

We've had other 200 customers use this really slick mounting plate on our kitchen: NL 72/74/80/90/95/110/125 Base Mounting Plate - National Luna - https://www.nationalluna.com/product/nl-7274809095110125-base-mounting-plate/

With the kitchen you can use our kitchen cover as well and regain that space when needed. The kitchen cover turns the top surface into our usual flat space and allows use of the full width sleeper, as desired. It's all convertible and a relatively quick changeover.

Our kitchen fits where the Tembo Tusk does not because our kitchen puts the rails UNDER the fridge tray. This is really space efficient and opens up width availability.

Good question. And probably a legitimate point to make for two people. I bought the NL 90 Twin back in 2016, when an ARB 50 was one of the few choices and cost $850 plus shipping. The NL 90 Twin was $2700 at Equipt. I got mine out of a Conqueror trailer show unit that had never been used for $1000; an offer I couldn't turn down.

Now, six-plus years later, we've gotten used to the volume. No need to prep smaller portions, or keep a separate cooler with drinks. Just toss in everything we might use for three or four days and then some, and off we go. I want to try to use what I already have if I can.

You can definitely use that fridge, but I think the Tembo Tusk slide is your most limiting factor. It takes an already wide fridge and makes it even wider. If you opt for our kitchen on one side, ditch the Tembo slide (probably worth $$$ on Facebook marketplace or on here) you'd have the fridge tucked nicely on a 36" slide with the same capacity as the Tembo with a bonus of the stove storage and slide out table under the fridge. The price delta between our normal system and kitchen with a drawer is roughly the value of that slide so it might be an even net expenditure.

Feel free to give us a call and chat through details!

Kitchen for reference:

You can definitely use that fridge, but I think the Tembo Tusk slide is your most limiting factor.
First of all, thank you so much for the help you've offered. It is greatly appreciated!

And yes, I think that's where I've painted myself into a corner. And, holy price change, Batman! The current TemboTusk Jumbo Slide with cutting board is twice what I bought mine for in 2017. Yikes.

I already have the National Luna Base Mounting Plate. I bought it earlier this years so that I could use it when I do whatever I'm going to do back there.

Hmmm, maybe I can remove the slides themselves from the Jumbo Fridge Slide, attach a couple pieces of angle like Jerry offers as a DIY slide, and then bolt the National Luna plate to the top of that! The plate and fridge are both 18.5" wide and 32" long. I could tuck the slides and angle underneath (like below, bit with the blue angle pieces pointing outward) and bolt them to your anchor plates. With 19.5" space between your uprights, I could sink it into a full platform, retaining the wings and sleeper! And be a lot shorter than the ADGU Dedicated Kitchen (not to mention less cost for the finance manager to approve.)

I've got some measuring to do!

DIY Slide.jpg

[EDIT] One of the reasons I've been trying to use my existing TemboTusk Slide, is that the opening underneath the sliding surface (where the cutting board currently resides) is just wide enough to slide in my Snow Peak Iron Grill Table. My intention is (was?) to add some nylon glides to use it like your dedicated kitchen while in the truck, and on legs while camped.

Last edited:
First of all, thank you so much for the help you've offered. It is greatly appreciated!

And yes, I think that's where I've painted myself into a corner. And, holy price change, Batman! The current TemboTusk Jumbo Slide with cutting board is twice what I bought mine for in 2017. Yikes.

I already have the National Luna Base Mounting Plate. I bought it earlier this years so that I could use it when I do whatever I'm going to do back there.

Hmmm, maybe I can remove the slides themselves from the Jumbo Fridge Slide, attach a couple pieces of angle like Jerry offers as a DIY slide, and then bolt the National Luna plate to the top of that! The plate is 18.5" wide and 32" long, I could tuck the slides and angle underneath (like below, bit with the blue angle pieces pointing outward) and bolt them to your anchor plates. With 19.5" space between your uprights, I could sink it into a full platform, retaining the wings and sleeper! And be a lot shorter than the ADGU Dedicated Kitchen (not to mention less cost for the finance manager to approve.)

I've got some measuring to do!

View attachment 3267532
Oh cool, yes that DIY slide arrangement is great. That's similar to our approach in the kitchen we make. According to my CAD models you've got 20.5" from the outer edge of the center upright on our half system to the wheel well floor trim (the narrowest point). If your DIY slide arrangement can fit within that footprint you should be in good shape.

And yeah, the kitchen is a price adder for sure. There's a LOT going on in that little assembly. It's essentially 3 "products" in one very tight footprint.

1. Fridge slide
2. Stove Tray
3. Slide Out Table

If you want/need all 3 it's a great value. If you just want the fridge slide function it's perhaps not the most attractive option to a financial planner. :)

If you want/need all 3 it's a great value. If you just want the fridge slide function it's perhaps not the most attractive option to a financial planner.
And therein lies the rub. See my edit above about my Snow Peak idea. That wouldn't work with my repurposing of my existing fridge slide parts, but I've got way too much invested in that to need an additional kitchen.

IMG_7312.jpeg

@suprarx7nut Any word on whether you guys are adding locks to your drawers yet? I remember seeing a tease on instagram or is that only a customizable option?
Yes, they do now. Chatted with Andy in Jan. Some info he provided me:

Locks: Yes, we've got a design for locking drawers now and that can be offered on all our systems. The lock is a "cabinet deadbolt door lock", as seen here: https://www.olympuslock.com/Pages/ProductDetail.html?productList=family&id=122. That lock engages with a fiber-reinforced strike plate/bracket which we make in-house. We think it will address most crimes of opportunity that you might encounter with a valet or dealer where the would-be thief isn't armed with a pry bar and isn't willing to destroy the system to take a peak inside. The lock option adds $150 to each new drawer and requires a new drawer box and drawer face.

@suprarx7nut Any word on whether you guys are adding locks to your drawers yet? I remember seeing a tease on instagram or is that only a customizable option?
Yes, locks are done and released! We installed a Sequoia system and have a current order for a 200. On the LC drawers, the lock will dictate a static drawer face instead of our usual hinged one.

The lock we use is an Olympus lock like this one and it's secured into the drawer box and interfaces with a fiber-reinforced bracket made in house.

Check out a video showing the Sequoia drawer we installed recently. The LC is a very similar concept with some geometry changes to fit the LC. Same lock. Same idea.

If you'd like to order up a system with locks, just let us know and we can add it to an existing order or shoot you over an invoice with the lock option already added. We'll add it to the site if it's popular enough, but for now we're offering this via email invoicing - trying to keep the website as clean and simple as possible.

They are. Haven’t received ours yet but ordered with locks

Yes, they do now. Chatted with Andy in Jan. Some info he provided me:

Locks: Yes, we've got a design for locking drawers now and that can be offered on all our systems. The lock is a "cabinet deadbolt door lock", as seen here: https://www.olympuslock.com/Pages/ProductDetail.html?productList=family&id=122. That lock engages with a fiber-reinforced strike plate/bracket which we make in-house. We think it will address most crimes of opportunity that you might encounter with a valet or dealer where the would-be thief isn't armed with a pry bar and isn't willing to destroy the system to take a peak inside. The lock option adds $150 to each new drawer and requires a new drawer box and drawer face.
Thanks guys. Feels like we're doing something right when our customer base is an extension of our customer service and sales team. :)

Yes, locks are done and released! We installed a Sequoia system and have a current order for a 200. On the LC drawers, the lock will dictate a static drawer face instead of our usual hinged one.

The lock we use is an Olympus lock like this one and it's secured into the drawer box and interfaces with a fiber-reinforced bracket made in house.

Check out a video showing the Sequoia drawer we installed recently. The LC is a very similar concept with some geometry changes to fit the LC. Same lock. Same idea.

If you'd like to order up a system with locks, just let us know and we can add it to an existing order or shoot you over an invoice with the lock option already added. We'll add it to the site if it's popular enough, but for now we're offering this via email invoicing - trying to keep the website as clean and simple as possible.

Thanks guys. Feels like we're doing something right when our customer base is an extension of our customer service and sales team. :)

Awesome!! This is exactly what I've been waiting for, thanks for listening to us. Now to make room in the cruiser budget :)

Follow up post: After several emails and phone conversations with @Kyle Bell and @suprarx7nut, I placed an order for a ADGU SS1 system today!

To solve my puzzle, I’m going to try to sell the TemboTusk Jumbo fridge slide, and create my own slide using the National Luna base mounting plate and some horizontal drawer slides. This will minimize the width and keep the fridge low, allowing room to open the lid.

I ordered the full platform with 60/40 sleeper, driver’s side drawer, and the seat delete support for the removed driver side second row seat. My plan is to cut an opening in the panel over the homemade fridge slide to fit around the fridge. This will allow me to retain the passenger side wing and sleeper attachments.

Thank you so much for your patience and assistance, Andy and Kyle. It is sincerely appreciated!

We've been able to get a handful of camping and wheeling trips in this year, so I wanted to provide a few pictures of how we utilized the ADGU kitchen + drawer along the way!

To start with, we added a simple Jackery 500 to provide the energy storage for the fridge and other various goodies. We wanted this setup to demonstrate a 'plug and play' system that would be simple to replicate. One thing to note, the AC plug in cargo area on the 200 is.... well... i wouldn't say useless, but not any good for charging the Jackery. We simply bought an extended length cable and plugged into the cigarette lighter socket in the 2nd row. We ran the cord under the floor mat and 2nd row, and plugged the jackery cable into that.

So far I have found the Jackery 500 to be good for powering the fridge about 3 days/nights without turning the vehicle on. This is a great solution for normal/extended weekend trips. If you were doing more than that you would likely want to set up some solar charging. There are plenty of outputs, so you can run all kinds of accessories. We were powering a drawer light, walkie talkie charger, go-pro charger, the fridge and occasionally plugging phones in for a top off.

We also added an energy chain to keep all the cabling nice and tidy. We'll be adding a guard to keep gear from interfering with this energy chain, and will be incorporating this as part of the standard kitchen offering.

We cooked A LOT of large group meals out of this setup, and I was pleased with how everything worked. That much cooking would have been tricky without this kitchen!

20230506_170327.jpg

24017.jpeg

20230419_103004.jpg

20230427_083315.jpg

20230427_083400.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom