Builds Airbagged 80 series on 42 inches. Low cost Russian build thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh yeah, an LTO update! So they worked great for you all winter? No charging or starting or other weird problems--same as normal lead acid in terms of performance?

What a fantastic build! Did you make those air cylinder locker actuators yourself or did somebody make them for you? I bought some air actuators when I did my rear locker and they are pretty big. I would have liked to have something more like the ones you have. Great truck!

What a fantastic build! Did you make those air cylinder locker actuators yourself or did somebody make them for you? I bought some air actuators when I did my rear locker and they are pretty big. I would have liked to have something more like the ones you have. Great truck!
I make it myself. Tension spring inside. Fist time I’m using o-ring, later change it to hydraulic cuff from main brake cylinder.
49755997-6F6A-4879-B7A5-10A08816D643.jpeg
B570308F-D8A5-4D44-BD54-195BDE25EB8E.jpeg
3A407D10-7067-4B49-9653-1349F712BB79.jpeg
BA9243C4-574B-472B-8C2F-6EEE60947E24.jpeg

Oh yeah, an LTO update! So they worked great for you all winter? No charging or starting or other weird problems--same as normal lead acid in terms of performance?
Works better than lead acid batteries. I’m using 5kW pre start heater. In winter on lead acid batteries I had to charge them every two weeks, on LTO I don’t need it.
There are no any problems. Winch, power window and other electric stuff runs better. After daily use of the refrigerator, the battery is charged 10
-15 minutes after starting the engine

Works well from -30’C to +35’C.

Why do you need so many cells? 40Ah LTO same as 90Ah regular battery.

Diode on alternator S line rise up voltage for better charging. Also you need BMS controller. The LTO section can be charged with a current of 6 capacities, can your alternator gives this?
"Why do you need so many cells? 40Ah LTO same as 90Ah regular battery."

I usually run 3x 90-100AH AGM batteries 2 in the front and one battery in the rear Group27M batteries
I wasn't aware of the LTO 40Ah = same as 90Ah equivalent to a single AGM is my math wrong?? I was sure that Ah = Ah and chemistry doesn't matter.

I believe my alternator can handle this with the S-line diode. and yes a BMS is a must do you have a link to which BMS you are using?

I have the 390XP alternator here are the specs
1689368603591.png

Last edited:
Good to know, thanks for the update on those LTOs!!

Lithium can safely discharge to 90% whereas AGM can only do 50% without damage (or up to 70% for 400 cycles if you go Odyssey AGM route).....so FUNCTIONALLY you get about twice as much power from the same sized battery. And you get 10X-100X+ more cycles out of it too.

I usually run 3x 90-100AH AGM batteries 2 in the front and one battery in the rear Group27M batteries
I wasn't aware of the LTO 40Ah = same as 90Ah equivalent to a single AGM is my math wrong?? I was sure that Ah = Ah and chemistry doesn't matter.

Chemistry does matter, but there are different principles of measuring capacity of batteries.
do you have a link to the BMS controller?

ED62C5BC-B5B8-48AD-9635-4CEC0CE676DA.jpeg
7233E9AA-9392-4BA7-9757-051B825A1097.jpeg

Good to know, thanks for the update on those LTOs!!

Lithium can safely discharge to 90% whereas AGM can only do 50% without damage (or up to 70% for 400 cycles if you go Odyssey AGM route).....so FUNCTIONALLY you get about twice as much power from the same sized battery. And you get 10X-100X+ more cycles out of it too.
👍

Attachments

• корпус титаната верх с фаской1.STL
    153 bytes · Views: 34
  • корпус титаната низ с фаской1.STL
    153 bytes · Views: 23
Thanks for sharing now I have a reason to get a 3d printer.... hahahaha!!

according to this video if the LTO batters are drained down low it can be hard on the alternator. a workaround is to idle up to bring the RPMs up to charge them due to the alternator generating heat and spinning the alternator faster allows the alternator to cool down.

is there any other workaround for this situation? perhaps solar or external battery charger?

Thanks for sharing now I have a reason to get a 3d printer.... hahahaha!!

according to this video if the LTO batters are drained down low it can be hard on the alternator. a workaround is to idle up to bring the RPMs up to charge them due to the alternator generating heat and spinning the alternator faster allows the alternator to cool down.

is there any other workaround for this situation? perhaps solar or external battery charger?

I haven’t any problems with LTO

Air locker conversion!!! I love this. You could possibly sell conversion kits. A++++
It’s very hard to send it. But if you need, I can. 499usd/kit

I see those air locker actuators are a little different than the ones you took pics of back in 2022. The ones above have the air fitting in the end but the earlier ones have it on the side where it seems like it'd be out of the way? Why the change? Was there an issue with the side port of the earlier ones? I really like your setup better than the cylinder I bought.

Oops, I just went back and saw the ones above are from 2021 and older than the 2022 pics a few pages ago. Was this a first version then?

Your rig is fantastic!

I see those air locker actuators are a little different than the ones you took pics of back in 2022. The ones above have the air fitting in the end but the earlier ones have it on the side where it seems like it'd be out of the way? Why the change? Was there an issue with the side port of the earlier ones?

Older actuators just have one more hole. one extra hole, one extra plug

Chemistry does matter, but there are different principles of measuring capacity of batteries.

View attachment 3373443View attachment 3373444

have you tested your LTO cells, I've been told that some yinlongs are 40Ah cells inside a 45Ah label. so I'm kinda worried if I were to order from Aliexpress

purposely labeled incorrectly?

if you have a legit source for actual 45AH cells could you please share the link maybe a legit seller on Aliexpress?

thanks

Last edited:
The car is disassembled and sold for spare parts
52FE2A72-437B-4F26-B8AA-19F2EDC421AE.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: CJK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom