AHC - Sudden Loss of Functionality - HELP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yesterday I was driving home from work and I felt like the rear of the LX fell a bit and then I got a rough ride (suspension-wise), looked at dash and the AHC "OFF" was flashing. After a few minutes things leveled out and the suspension felt normal again, but the "OFF" was still flashing. This morning I got in the LX to go to work and all seemed back to normal until I backed out of the driveway - the rear was raised to the sky and the front was in "LO", reminded me of my dads Chevelle jacked up in the back with the skinnies up front... Anyway, I got to work and the front came up to "N" and the back was in "LO" it seemed. It never flashed "OFF" today. I noticed the AHC fluid level is very low and I hope the system hasn't burped an air bubble in the system due to the low fluid level. Anyone know how this could have happened?
20170428_074222[1].jpg
This is what it looked like when I got to work, wish I had a pic of it earlier when the back was in ultra HI mode...

Check your AHC lines around the vehicle for any leaks. If that checks out okay, then I suspect it's a sensor or sensors.

You may need to add more details to really diagnose. @PADDO may chime in and he'll give you the real scoop.

Good luck.

Do you have techstream? It probably thew some codes you could use to maybe help pinpoint what went wrong.
I do not have techstream, I probably need to get that...

20170428_090858[1].jpg
So, when I got in the LX to run and get some fluid I found at the ole Stealership she did this and I was able to snap a pic... I added fluid to the appropriate level and it stopped acting squirrely. Hope this fixed it?! IDK...

I have no CELs on though...

Def looks like a sensor failure. Super low, then super high.

View attachment 1449659 So, when I got in the LX to run and get some fluid I found at the ole Stealership she did this and I was able to snap a pic... I added fluid to the appropriate level and it stopped acting squirrely. Hope this fixed it?! IDK...

Hah, that was some serious 'stinkbug'.

It probably wouldn't hurt to crack all the bleeder screws (just a little) to check and see that you don't have any air/nitrogen in the system anyplace. IF not and your suspension continues to work correctly, then I'd say you're in the clear. IF it does have air/nitrogen, then you'll want to bleed the system or do a flush before continuing on.

Good looking vehicle you have.

Flint.

Hah, that was some serious 'stinkbug'.

It probably wouldn't hurt to crack all the bleeder screws (just a little) to check and see that you don't have any air/nitrogen in the system anyplace. IF not and your suspension continues to work correctly, then I'd say you're in the clear. IF it does have air/nitrogen, then you'll want to bleed the system or do a flush before continuing on.

Good looking vehicle you have.

Flint.
HaHa, tell me about it! OK, I will try that too. I am going to see if I have any codes as well. And thanks for the compliment.

I swung by to see my Toyota tech buddy, and this is what we got:
20170428_132426[1].jpg

Just like I said... rear sensor. These systems despite what people think are pretty simple. No leak, wonky heights, usually points to a bad sensor.

Anyone have a part # for Rear Height Control Sensor?

Think I found it,
89407-60010

Aaaaaannnddd, $235 later I have ordered it. Hopefully after installing the new sensor and when I clear the codes the other codes will go away and stay away!

You may be able to pull the sensor apart and clean the contacts. I think they sell cheaper sensors somewhere online too.
Hmmm, ok i may try that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom