AHC rough ride, with readouts from ecu (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How have people found this device for pressures is it easy to use and how is it set up with your phone ?.Thanks.
Bluetooth, there's an app for your phone and instructions come with the device

The torsion bars are what support the vehicle weight if your pressures go back up its because the torsion bars are weak. Maybe i didn't understand what you are writing but @PADDO will be able to guide you.
Seems like @PADDO is sleepin lol, my ahc fluid should be here any day and my globes are sitting on my bench waiting! kinda excited I want my magic carpet ride back

Put new Globes on yesterday and bled some of the old fluid out after replacing everything in the reservoir brighten body is significantly better and the speed of raising and lowering is quite a bit faster in the back but the front is seemingly the same speed oh, I'm going to read cross level and adjust the torsion bars today to see if I can make the ride even smoother

received_459663544836639.jpeg

Screenshot_20190608-144351.jpg

received_317222402536912.jpeg

Share the app name...the two screenshots you've uploaded don't work :)
what screenshots? its the obd link lx I shared from Amazon the app is the obd link app

I have my pressures like this and I like the ride very much. When i first got the truck it was 9.9mpa front, 8.9mpa rear, I shimmed the rear springs with 30mm coil spacers and i tightened the front TBs 9 turns each.

48040724521_9c02222264_b.jpg

How do you get the pressure readings? I'm not seeing the options in the app

did you figure out how to read pressures? Im gonna need to order if it can be done. Need to check my pressures badly after doing my ahc adjustments today! pls let me know, thanks!

Appreciate the feedback, I Was hoping it could be done through Bluetooth dongle cause it looks like it may be headaches using a Mac

I use an inexpensive Bluetooth dongle -- ELM 327 MINI – and ELMScan Toyota - Apps on Google Play as a reader. This combination is used exclusively as my AHC Measurement Tool. It appears to read other ECU's as well, but I have not investigated these.

I do find this Bluetooth arrangement to be very convenient – no cable – and enables use of a tablet or phone (both Android in my case) which I can mount on the windscreen or take around the car, for example, while investigating suspected Height Control Sensor problems etc. For pressure measurements, I use this arrangement and follow the FSM handheld tester procedure plus IH8MUD commentary and obtain repeatable measurements -- when I do it correctly.

The scanner interface and the app were bought separately for about AUD30 say USD45 in total. Google for availability of the scanner interface dongle at Amazon and elsewhere in USA and EU, and at KOGAN in Australia.

The app comes from Google Play. It is pretty much ‘plug-and-play’. I understand that iPhone/iPad versions also are available.

ELM327 interface.jpg

So much functionality with techstream you're missing out on.

Agreed @planomateo – not intending to promote competition with Techstream and I do need to make further attempts to achieve connection and explore its full functionality. My previous efforts failed despite IH8MUD help and resulted in huge frustration due to one or both of (1) I.T. ineptitude on my part (highly likely!), and/or, (2) possible difficulties due to MOBD and not OBD2 on my 1HD-FTE turbodiesel LC100. Something was better than nothing and, notwithstanding MOBD, this ‘something’ worked and at least gave quick and convenient access to the AHC ECU and enabled reading of AHC pressures and identifying erratic Height Control Sensor behaviour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom