AHC removal / delete experience (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My AHC has been deleted and I have just started removing all of the frame mounted components in preparation for sliders. Reading this thread with interest in any tips/tricks. The 12mm bolts have all been coming out pretty easily but accessibility to the bolts on top of the frame is proving a PITA. How in the hell do you get to the top bolts for the pump (long cylindrical item between accumulators)?

My AHC has been deleted and I have just started removing all of the frame mounted components in preparation for sliders. Reading this thread with interest in any tips/tricks. The 12mm bolts have all been coming out pretty easily but accessibility to the bolts on top of the frame is proving a PITA. How in the hell do you get to the top bolts for the pump (long cylindrical item between accumulators)?
is the pump trash? then just cut those flanges off and either leave the bolts up there or use an air chisel to knock the heads off...

or you could lift the body off the truck and take them out properly.

is the pump trash? then just cut those flanges off and either leave the bolts up there or use an air chisel to knock the heads off...

or you could lift the body off the truck and take them out properly.

What method would you use to cut the flanges on the accumulator? Asking for a friend. LOL

I need that thing GONE.

I just did the AHC delete. Drilling the holes in the floor for the rear was key! Thank you LostAfrican!!! They came out easy. I went oversize with a 2" hole and was able to get at the 12mm bolts for the AHC system. Also FYI, the top of my shocks were a 19mm fitting.

Waiting on the Ironman lift kit.... arriving tomorrow.

On a separate note.... Is there any market for the used AHC components? I'll pull everything off if it's worth it but won't spend the time if it's not.

How do you take the AHC control dial and button next to the shifter? I want to replace with coin tray or whatever

My lines and globes are still on there. With 20 years of service in midwest, none of the 12 mm bolts on the top side of the frame want to come out.
Same here, after 20 years in the rust belt there was no tool that could loosen the bolts at the top of the frame. Looking at the bright side, all those parts lower the center of gravity.

I"m getting stuck on the front accumulator top 12 mm bolts. I've been able to remove the rear. A body lift may be needed to get at the bolts.

I ended up cutting my globes off with a sawzall, then just bending them up and down until the top bolts sheared off. There wasnt' much metal left under the rust.

Sawzall worked great for cutting off this part. The 12 mm on top would not budge from the angle I working it from below. I can get the bolt out now that I have some working room.

1607079524983.png

Is this box with yellow highlighter the AHC control unit?

1607175274790.png

Just unplugging the three wiring plugs from the ECU lets the flashing lights go out. There is one 10 bolt way up in the dash. I will pull the old AHC ECU when I change out the dash next year.

Did anyone keep the globes after the AHC delete. If not, what did you use to cover the globe screw on the car?
Initially, I left everything in place and just disconnected the lines and unplugged the pump. Then removed the lines, accumulators and globes at the same time along with unplugging the AHC ECU. One globe was rusted to the accumulator.

Nice

I'm trying to decide if converting AHC to standard is more or less involved than converting this one.

1615897055855.png

1615897055855-png.2616234

Dang dude, nice Peugeot! Talk about the opposite end of the reliability spectrum ;)

1615897055855-png.2616234

Dang dude, nice Peugeot! Talk about the opposite end of the reliability spectrum ;)

From Japan.. 1st Gen Q45. The cloisonné hood ornament that only an art connoisseur can appreciate. :rofl:

Swapped the suspension 2 years ago, but left all the bits in there. Had originally planned to apply woolwax, but this became my shiny object of the day.

I struggled with removing the accumulator and globes. Impossible to get a wrench on that top bolt, especially with the globes in place, and no 36mm wrench.
First one I was somehow able to get a grip on the head with some pliers, but that didn't work on the rest. Next one I ended up bending out the accumulator with a cold chisel and big old hammer to reveal the top tab, then hit it with a sawzall.

Last ones, after removing the accessible bolts, I used a floor jack and scrap 2x4, and applied force straight up on the accumulator from below and snapped that silly tab off.

What a rusty mess.

IMG_7219.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom