AHC Help PNW area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello anyone who lives in Seattle area know of any shop that has successfully diagnosed and worked on AHC? It was working fine although it rode pretty rough but cycled through L, N, H easily. I bled and changed the fluid and replaced the globes but now It’s gone into limp mode and is stuck in L and flashing OFF. There did seem to be air in the front two lines while bleeding, but all the connections are tight. I’m getting the infamous trouble code C1762 so could be the pump? Also tried to manually raise with the active test by shorting out pins Ts and E1 in the DLC1 port and doing the procedure holding down for 5 seconds but couldn’t get it to move only a slight whine from the motor the only change was that the the OFF light started flashing faster. Any ideas? Thanks @PADDO

I would recommend posting in the UZJ100 group on FB for additional coverage. There are quite a few members up in that area.

Bleed more. I bet you still have air (or nitrogen) in the lines. It can take 5+ bleed cycles as we've seen with other folks.
I wish that were the case it’s been bled probably 10+ times unfortunately to no avail.

I wish that were the case it’s been bled probably 10+ times unfortunately to no avail.
Including full flushes of the height accumulator?

Are you getting a lot of fluid out on each bleed cycle? Perfectly liquid (no bubbles)?

Including full flushes of the height accumulator?

Are you getting a lot of fluid out on each bleed cycle? Perfectly liquid (no bubbles)?
Just to be clear the height accumulator is the cylinder on the drivers side in between the two globes? I did not know I had to bleed that as well. Could that be my problem? There’s 2 rear globes have comes out of perfectly clear, the front 2 are continuously frothy with air. How can I bleed the accumulator?

Just to be clear the height accumulator is the cylinder on the drivers side in between the two globes? I did not know I had to bleed that as well. Could that be my problem? There’s 2 rear globes have comes out of perfectly clear, the front 2 are continuously frothy with air. How can I bleed the accumulator?
*the 2 rear globes bleed clear front 2 always have air no matter how many times I bleed it.

Have you called torfab in Everett to see what their experience with AHC is? They may be the right place to start.

Yes that's it and yes, you absolutely have to bleed it.
*the 2 rear globes bleed clear front 2 always have air no matter how many times I bleed it.
Then you're still not done bleeding the front. :)

As with any hydraulic system, it really cannot tolerate any gas. It is giving you the error code because it cannot compress the gas like it can oil.

Keep bleeding those fronts and bleed the accumulator.

Yes that's it and yes, you absolutely have to bleed it.

Then you're still not done bleeding the front. :)

As with any hydraulic system, it really cannot tolerate any gas. It is giving you the error code because it cannot compress the gas like it can oil.

Keep bleeding those fronts and bleed the accumulator.
How can I bleed the accumulator?

How can I bleed the accumulator?
Same as all the others. One exception being that the accumulator may not fill until you can build pump pressure.

Start with the fronts. Bleed until there's no air/gas. Techstream makes that much easier as I believe you can trigger the pump to just run. Either way, gotta move all that gas out.

Once the fronts move only liquid, move onto the height accumulator.

Same as all the others. One exception being that the accumulator may not fill until you can build pump pressure.

Start with the fronts. Bleed until there's no air/gas. Techstream makes that much easier as I believe you can trigger the pump to just run. Either way, gotta move all that gas out.

Gotcha! Will try this. Thank you. Not sure if this matters but I took it to the dealer and they said:

gotcha. I took it the dealer trying to diagnose and they said (screenshot attached) I’m doubtful to trust that the pump is defective though.

35945EB7-4A04-453D-9D03-2650781B855D.jpeg

Gotcha! Will try this. Thank you. Not sure if this matters but I took it to the dealer and they said:

gotcha. I took it the dealer trying to diagnose and they said (screenshot attached) I’m doubtful to trust that the pump is defective though.

View attachment 2705948
If you are currently seeing air/foam/gas during bleed then this is a great example of poor diagnosis.

Did the dealer know that you see gas during bleed?

I agree, I got a C1762 when I raised to H on a steep incline and sucked a bit of air (reservoir was low). After refilling, bleeding, and clearing the code everything has been fine since. When this happened to me, I didn't get much out of the height accumulator the first few cycles, but eventually once the air was purged the bleed was a normal volume of fluid at all points.

I believe this code is triggered whenever the pump can't build sufficient pressure, and as @suprarx7nut mentioned, this is likely due to a bunch of compressible air or nitrogen gas trapped in the system. Dealers are just clueless when it comes to specialty vehicles and systems. I've got stories both from the cruiser and my S2000. Every time I get lazy during the winter and don't want to work in the rain and take things in, I always end up regretting it for one reason or another.

If you are currently seeing air/foam/gas during bleed then this is a great example of poor diagnosis.

Did the dealer know that you see gas during bleed?
Yes and they wanted to charge me 700 to try and bleed again 😂 I got out of there as soon as they said that

Bleed the accumulator ASAP as it may be pushing gas to the fronts when it cycles. Think of it as a post-pump high pressure storage tank that helps the system work more quickly. Any gas trapped in there may be making it downstream and certainly can lead to not building enough pressure and trigging of an error code. Hopefully a few accumulator flushes will help you get most of the gas out. Then bleed all 5 points (corners + accumulator) a couple more times.

Not sure it's been said, but you can obviously reuse all the clean fluid you're pumping through for these bleeds once any gas has settled out of it. No need for gallons of AHC fluid.

Let us know how a few more bleed cycles go. Once you stop seeing bubbles I suspect you're going to get this resolved.
Thanks again, just to clarify it won’t matter trying to bleed the accumulator that it’s stuck in L? Not being able to cycle through the heights and such

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom