AHC fluid contaminated (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was trying to put on stiffer springs for my 570, (which didn't work with the AHC because they were too stiff), and I had to scavenge a quart of AHC fluid from a dealer 100 miles away. Refilling resevoir and had this at the bottom. WTF!?

IMG_2338.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

Yea, i can think of 3-4 guys that had AHC pumps fail because of this.
Take a look:

Yea, i can think of 3-4 guys that had AHC pumps fail because of this.
Take a look:

UGGHHH!!!! Thank you for link

Yeah, throw the plastic black AHC bottles out. Get the 2.5L in the metal can.

I had to have it towed to Lexus of Knoxville because it is stuck in low. I also have a case open with Lexus Corporate. I am getting the expected, "We have never heard of gel in the AHC fluid, but I'll check". The dealer wants to charge 6 hours of labor at $185 an hour to remove pump to check. I have an aftermarket bumper and a LRA fuel tank that they have to drop to get to pump. If it is going to be that much just to diagnose, I may have the AHC removed and go to a static suspension; if that is even possible.

Sounds like your pump is gunked up.
LRA doesnt have to come out to get to the pump. I know 1-2 guys have had their pumps paid for. take a look at the thread posted earlier and maybe reach out to those guys. @Wes Gardner and @Climbermac were back in business after changing pumps. there's even instructions on how to clean out the pump if you want to partially disassemble it.

good luck

I had to have it towed to Lexus of Knoxville because it is stuck in low. I also have a case open with Lexus Corporate. I am getting the expected, "We have never heard of gel in the AHC fluid, but I'll check". The dealer wants to charge 6 hours of labor at $185 an hour to remove pump to check. I have an aftermarket bumper and a LRA fuel tank that they have to drop to get to pump. If it is going to be that much just to diagnose, I may have the AHC removed and go to a static suspension; if that is even possible.

BS. They know about it. I collected evidence and so have the others in this thread.
Happy to testify in court for you when you sue them for a $10K AHC repair if they play any more games.

Was trying to put on stiffer springs for my 570, (which didn't work with the AHC because they were too stiff), and I had to scavenge a quart of AHC fluid from a dealer 100 miles away. Refilling resevoir and had this at the bottom. WTF!?

View attachment 2857364

View attachment 2857365
GOSH!!! I just flushed my AHC system and filled it up with new AHC fluid and it literally looked like this, I thought it was normal and my suspension has completed failed... "OFF" light blinking...

Any idea how to contact Toyota in regards to this?

GOSH!!! I just flushed my AHC system and filled it up with new AHC fluid and it literally looked like this, I thought it was normal and my suspension has completed failed... "OFF" light blinking...

I called Lexus corporate at 8002553987. I told them I wanted to open a case and they had a case manager call the next day. I am awaiting the 2nd call back. Keep me posted on your resolution.

I called Lexus corporate at 8002553987. I told them I wanted to open a case and they had a case manager call the next day. I am awaiting the 2nd call back. Keep me posted on your resolution.
Thanks for the info! Just out of curiosity, why did you call lexus instead of toyota? just asking since toyota brand is on the product?

Thanks for the info! Just out of curiosity, why did you call lexus instead of toyota? just asking since toyota brand is on the product?
i called the dealer i bought the fluid from and they just blew me off. I called Lexus because it is an LX570. I'll try Toyota next

Damn!

Did you use the 1l or 2.5l container? I used the 1l

i called the dealer i bought the fluid from and they just blew me off. I called Lexus because it is an LX570. I'll try Toyota next
yes, my vehicle is a Lexus too, LX470... I will be calling all three, dealer, toyota and lexus corporate I guess... wish you the best and keep us updated please!

Sounds like your pump is gunked up.
LRA doesnt have to come out to get to the pump. I know 1-2 guys have had their pumps paid for. take a look at the thread posted earlier and maybe reach out to those guys. @Wes Gardner and @Climbermac were back in business after changing pumps. there's even instructions on how to clean out the pump if you want to partially disassemble it.

good luck
could you please share link to that thread? TIA!

This happened to me too, My flush was done at the dealer. Dealer had my truck for nearly a month and replaced the pump. They paid for everything. I also filed a complaint with Lexus. They all acted like they had never heard of this issue before (although it was about a year ago). Whole thing is a disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom