AHC & Accumulators Reliability on New Land Cruiser & LX570 vs 2007 Models? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks:

I have a 2007 Land Cruiser and it's been a fantastic vehicle, with one exception, the ACH and accumulators. I've had to have all 4 accumulators replaced twice, once at 60K, and again at 100K. Other than that I've had zero problems with the vehicle and the only service it's ever had is regular maintenance and replacing wear items.

I'm looking to get rid of my current Land Cruiser before this happens again, and of course when looking at the new models of large SUVs, I still like the Land Cruiser and LX570; but if some significant engineering changes haven't been made to the AHC and the accumulators to make the system more reliable, I may have to walk away from those models and get something else.

Anyone have any feedback on what's been changed since the 2007 models and if I can reasonably expect to get 80-100K out of one of these vehicles before having an issue? It wouldn't be so bad if the repair wasn't so expensive!

Feedback welcome.

Thanks

Pay a little more and get the Land Cruiser model, there is no AHC in the LC trucks. I really prefer the interior of the LX570 but had similar problems with my LX470. The LC seem to be a little more expensive because there is more LX trucks on the market than LC.

The 200 series trucks are better in every way, when I moved from my LX450 to the 470 I was very pleased with all the new refinements, the same is true when moving to the 200 series platform.

Good luck

Pay a little more and get the Land Cruiser model, there is no AHC in the LC trucks. I really prefer the interior of the LX570 but had similar problems with my LX470. The LC seem to be a little more expensive because there is more LX trucks on the market than LC.

The 200 series trucks are better in every way, when I moved from my LX450 to the 470 I was very pleased with all the new refinements, the same is true when moving to the 200 series platform.

Good luck

Very interesting. I thought that both models had AHC. So the Land Cruiser's now have a conventional suspension without accumulators? I also thought that the LX570 was about 10K more expensive than the Land Cruiser, or does the street price make that much difference?

Very interesting. I thought that both models had AHC. So the Land Cruiser's now have a conventional suspension without accumulators? I also thought that the LX570 was about 10K more expensive than the Land Cruiser, or does the street price make that much difference?

Used 200's often bring more than used 570 mainly because there are fewer of them in the market.

And no...200's don't have AHC. I think it's an option in some parts of the planet... My 1999 100 series didn't have it...

I think you'll be VERY pleased with a move to a US version 200 from the 470. WAY more power...better front end suspension...FAR more refined interior, and a huge list of creature comforts, including a refrigerated "toolbox" in the center console that works very well. The difference in power will blow you away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom