Aftermarket seats..... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here you go... Corbeau's

20160318_153233.jpg

@Boaf 32, I've got those same seats, not yet installed, how do you like them?

I fitted a set of Prado 150 seats.
Had to remove the factory brackets and fab some new ones. Mine is a 78 with fuel tank under cab, so had to remove the tank and make sure the bolts don’t rub through the tank. Very happy with the results and all electronics work.

The only draw back for me is in South Africa we are Right hand drive and my cruiser is a left hand drive. My passenger gets the lumbar support.
77280AA0-1F7E-4671-BB5C-9D38D65CEF95.jpeg

682D68F9-032B-4144-9AEF-244853495A6B.jpeg

B74BAD79-06DD-4073-84E5-6A5C9CD04594.jpeg

2020 thread bump! Looking to replace some Mastercraft seats that came in a 78 I recently bought.
Looking for something more easy to use (and disembark from) than my Mastercrafts with 5pt harnesses, but maybe a step up in comfort and support from factory buckets. Those Trailcats look nice! Any other good seats on the market or popular swaps right now?

2020 thread bump! Looking to replace some Mastercraft seats that came in a 78 I recently bought.
Looking for something more easy to use (and disembark from) than my Mastercrafts with 5pt harnesses, but maybe a step up in comfort and support from factory buckets. Those Trailcats look nice! Any other good seats on the market or popular swaps right now?

Procar Rally XL -> click here <-

IMG_0588.JPG
IMG_0593.JPG

I too am running the ProCar 90’s and have been happy with them. A huge improvement on the Van bench seat I posted a few years back.

919C63BC-9452-489E-BDAE-E2FB8BA70046.jpeg

Last edited:
In respect to these Procar “Pro90” seats: was it a bolt on swap in your early model Cruisers?
What about post-1979 FJ40s?

PS. Fact is that you guys, who opted for these Procar “Pro90” seats, did an excellent choice: more comfortable seats and original looking at the same time, like squaring the circle, congrats! :beer:

Last edited:
In respect to these Procar “Pro90” seats: was it a bolt on swap in your early model Cruisers?

PS. Fact is that you guys, who opted for these Procar “Pro90” seats, did an excellent choice: more comfortable seats and original looking at the same time, like squaring the circle, congrats! :beer:
Mine is a 1980 and it was an easy swap. They sell an adapter that bolts right into the existing floor holes and the seats brackets bolt into it. 8 bolts total per seat.
I can’t say for an earlier model, but I’d suspect it’s the same story, just a different adapter.

Good news foreputt!
Almost music to my ears: let see if one can get them in Europe too (at an affordable price).

In respect to these Procar “Pro90” seats: was it a bolt on swap ... ?

I installed a pair of these into my 1980 FJ40 and was happy with the results, but I wouldn't say they were "bolt on". I bought the adapters for late 40's, and they were poorly made and required some adjustment. Also, to get the lowest of the three seat height settings, I had to saw the seat brackets off on all four corners. Even on the lowest setting, you still sit and inch or two higher than stock.

IMG_1335[1].JPG

IMG_1335[1].JPG

agree with above - I bought the adapters but I had to bend them into position with copious bar clamps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom