Builds after KOH LV build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nothing celebrates Independence Day like swapping 3rd members. Woo hoo go America.

Anyways, I rebuilt a 3rd member (thanks to Mark for help) using some newer parts. Got a fine spine pinion, new style flange, and solid pinion spacer. I swapped it into the rear of my 40 as it was making some noise and vibes. It's all oiled up and ready to go except..................it's hot as hell out right now.:grinpimp:
20180704_070627.jpg
20180704_073840.jpg
20180704_155237.jpg
20180704_155218.jpg

Is that third pic distorted or is there really that much angle from shaft to diff? Don’t see a lift.

Good water collector aswell unfortunately. Luckily he doesn't see that rust causing cancer. Looke very nice though and i bet that is makes it heaps more liveable.

Yeah. It’s a toss up. I think those of us that keep our trucks dry and clean as much as we can are able to pile in the mats.

I pull mine out of my trucks if I use them in wet weather.

Prior owners before these things got rare mostly didn’t know to care

I’m heading out on Friday with some guys from my area and was hoping to see you there. Maybe next year?!

Well I see a new project coming! I am sure selling it was bittersweet as there was so much of you in it.

02521812-2FEF-449B-ACB7-74250449BC75.jpeg
Just back from Telluride, long drive to FJ Summit in our old rigs! My hat is off for those that drive old rigs that far. Imogene Pass was very impressive though! Looking towards Ouray

I was on that pass last month in my 78' HJ45 I drove from Alabama. I'm already looking forward to my next trip Ouray!!

I can't wait to get out to the mountains tomorrow. It's been way too long. The LV has gotten that old gas smell and that's no good. Time to get that sucka rolling.

Last edited:
Finally got out to the mountains. With my friend Derrick riding shotgun, we hit the Bradshaws. We went in at Poland Junction and come out in Mayer. Visited the old train tunnel, the Mount Union fire watch tower, and the Trails End Mine. It was a good day. Nice and cool atop Mt Union (about 7900 feet).
IMG_8362.JPG
IMG_8360.JPG
IMG_8364.JPG
IMG_8365.JPG
IMG_8367.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom