Advice on putting a 74 tub on my 78 fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DKM

Threads
From what I can gather, the 74 will line up with all the frame mounts. I gather the holes will also line up with my oem seat brackets, tranny cover, roll bar. Is that correct?

The dash will be a little different as it doesn't have the seatbelt light and the defrost vent holes on each side, but would most everything on the firewall line-up as it should?

I know that the rear doors will have to be barn doors, and the spare tire carrier will be opposite. I have seen a few threads about someone making half rear ambulance doors, which I like. Other than the ambuance doors, everything else with the front doors and hard top should line up, correct? Anything else I should consider or be aware of? Thanks!

From what I can gather, the 74 will line up with all the frame mounts. I gather the holes will also line up with my oem seat brackets, tranny cover, roll bar. Is that correct?

The dash will be a little different as it doesn't have the seatbelt light and the defrost vent holes on each side, but would most everything on the firewall line-up as it should?

I know that the rear doors will have to be barn doors, and the spare tire carrier will be opposite. I have seen a few threads about someone making half rear ambulance doors, which I like. Other than the ambuance doors, everything else with the front doors and hard top should line up, correct? Anything else I should consider or be aware of? Thanks!

Front doors used a different striker. I am running 79 doors on my 68. I made a simple adapter for the newer striker. I believe I had to widen the opening for the limiter on the A pillar because the newer doors are thicker

Front doors used a different striker. I am running 79 doors on my 68. I made a simple adapter for the newer striker. I believe I had to widen the opening for the limiter on the A pillar because the newer doors are thicker
Good to know. Next time you're with your cruiser if you don't mind snapping a pic that would be awesome.

Good to know. Next time you're with your cruiser if you don't mind snapping a pic that would be awesome.
If your fuel tank is under the tub, the body mounts won’t line up. Under the seat they’re the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom