Advice on Brush Guard for 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for input on brush guards. I really like the HeftyFabWorks guards but they don't make one for 80 series. Any recommendations for something similar?

Also considering whether a winch is something I should get for the brush guard or not.

Right now my 80 series just has factory bumper and would like to replace soon. My main use for this rig is hunting, fishing, camping and basic offroad.

Thanks!

Sweet ride! ARB is the most common. It fits great, bombproof and fairly reasonably priced. The Slee short bus is also quite popular, but not quite as much protection. You could also talk to @Make it. He has built bumpers, sliders and made dreams come true for the club. Be sure to send your info to me at info@406cruisers.com and sign up with TLCA to get club discounts. You might also want to bring your new 80 to the sand dunes with us tomorrow. Check out the thread about it.

I bought a bumper from Jason at http://cruisinoffroad.com . The fit and coverage is awesome. Keep in mind his prices are in Canadian.
Cheers,
Scot

Sweet ride! ARB is the most common. It fits great, bombproof and fairly reasonably priced. The Slee short bus is also quite popular, but not quite as much protection. You could also talk to @Make it. He has built bumpers, sliders and made dreams come true for the club. Be sure to send your info to me at info@406cruisers.com and sign up with TLCA to get club discounts. You might also want to bring your new 80 to the sand dunes with us tomorrow. Check out the thread about it.
Thanks!

DSC00478.JPG
DSC00474.JPG
Thanks! Did you get one with the upper or just the lower?
I went with the lay down winch bumper with the bar work.

Last edited:
@Bigsky80 Haven't seen that one before. How heavy is that sucker?

Thank's, I did tons of research before committing to one. According to Jason it weighs 130 pounds, but it didn't seem that heavy when I installed it. There was no noticeable change in the height of the front suspension.

At todays exchange rate it would cost $1115 plush $150 shipping.

cruisin bumper.jpg
At todays exchange rate it would cost $1115 plush $150 shipping.

Just got a similar quote on same bumper with much smaller guard. $250 shipping to Bozeman

I had the bumper shipped to a business, but either way I really feel you can't go wrong dealing with Jason. I have been very happy with his work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom