Advice needed - install new catalytic converters? Moving '01 LX470 to CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all - don't post much, but looking for some advice.

Currently in the Dominican Republic and returning to the US soon (San Diego area). Shipping LX back in May. Currently she is at 125k so I just did a bunch of preventative maintenance - changing all fluids, lube, repacking front wheel bearings, etc.. However, I've been having this intermittent strange buzzing noise going on for a while when accelerating which is exacerbated when the engine is cold, or on an incline so I asked the mechanic to check it out. Of course I take him on a test-drive and it is not there. However after he did all the other maintenance, he said it's the catalytic converters that are shot. (I did have a front 02 sensor code earlier this past year and replaced all 4 sensors) - however there are no other fault codes going on and other than the sound everything seems fine.

So my question is - as I am moving to CA, should I go ahead and buy CA compliant catalytic converters online and have them installed prior to shipping back cause labor is cheaper or just wait and address in the US and pay more - but then have a local POC in case there is an issue. Thoughts from any those in CA would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom