Adventure Mobiles + Coffee - Saturday, January 27, 2018! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Stepmurr thinking about this one, but don’t have all period correct camping gear. Maybe the run could be done without all the period correct camping gear??
I am not organizing this - I was only asking a question :)

The "Relic Run" name is trademarked, so Murf's "CSC vintage run" (newly minted name and sure to be trademarked in the near future) is whatever he wants it to be.

I actually have my Snow Lion sleeping bag from 1977, my K-Mart tent from 1983, my axe from the late 60s or early 70s, and some really raggedy clothes from the 70s & 80s, but I don't think that much authenticity is really necessary, even on a Relic Run.

The Relic Run guidelines ask that you don't use modern toys and equipment - not that your sleeping bag has to be 40 years old like mine. No digital cameras, refrigerators, GPS units, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From RelicRun.com > Relic Run 2017

All camping gear and equipment used on the trip should fit into the spirit of the Relic Run. This means that only technologies and gear available during the 1980's and prior are allowed. For example, no digital cameras, no high-tech roof-top tents, and no in-vehicle powered refrigeration units unless such items are period correct to 1989 or earlier. Use your best judgment to stay within the spirit of the event.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Murf's idea, so Murf gets to decide ;)

Break out the tube ham radios

Vasque boots
IMG_1059.JPG

Bota bag
IMG_1060.JPG

Sun cloud sunglasses
IMG_1061.JPG

Last edited:
Old school:

FJ40.png

Im digging it man! Going old school would add some extra flavor to the event. I have some 70's Coleman gear too...

Good topic to further discuss tomorrow morning at Nico' s 4 till 4 shop over a hot cup. Seems fitting, his coffee shop has a classic feel.

See you around 8

Murf

Only problem is I don’t really have any period correct gear, but being 52 I am a period correct driver! Vintage!

Maybe we can make some concessions, even if I had a 50 year Old sleeping bag and tent I probably wouldn’t want to crawl into it each night;):(

my 20-year old hiking boots disintegrated and shed their soles three years ago while traveling to Omaha early in the year - lost some heel parts walking through the Houston airport on change-over (felt like the story of Hänsel and Gretel leaving breadcrumbs . . . :hillbilly: ) - wasn't looking forward to landing in snow at all . . .

this was left at the end of the day :doh:

DSC02915.jpg

They look as though they were great boots back in the day though Claudia! Weather so mild here lately, I better get on with some exploring/camping before the weather gets too hot here in Phoenix!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom