Adjustable Rear Panhard Bar How To (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone know if someone has made their own set of upper rear control arms adjustable? Tks.

I saw Slee's DIY kit lastnight and it is beefy and I'm going to order it.

I saw Slee's DIY kit lastnight and it is beefy and I'm going to order it.
Man for that price get some .250 DOM, some Currie JJ or any other of the same style and weld in bungs. Would probably be cheaper too.

I just looked all these parts up on Mcmaster Carr and wanted to share the part numbers for future research.

McMaster-Carr

These are the thin grade 8 nuts 3/4-16... $11.78 for 10 93839A840
These are the 6" fully threaded grade 8 bolts $10.34 each 92620A881
These are the tube adaptors 1.875" 3/4-16 $6.12 each 94640A365

This comes to $34.29 ordering all through MC

Last edited:
Is this Grade 8 bolt strong enough for the front? I've found a DOM tube diameter that will sleeve on the front panhard (30mm or 1.18") and weld-on bungs. Couldn't find any grade 9 bolt that is fully threaded.

Thanks, just ordered up that parts. I think this is the first time I have ever had a Land Cruiser related order under $100 bucks! I'm all in.

Thanks for this, I was looking at just cutting and sleeving to the extended length but I like this better.

Could the bolt be welded to one of the tube inserts on the end that is inserted into the tube, thus only requiring one jamb nut? Or would that have a negative effect on the hardening of the bolt?

The latter, I would not heat up a bolt to a welding temp and want to rely on it.

Did this technique for the front and the rear and the lower and upper control arms. Works beautiful! Thanks for the heads up!

@RhinoFZJ80 were you able to find a solid tube adapter for the front panhard? Or did you use slee's front setup?

The problem I have had with adjustable pan hards and control arms is they should use Acme threads and I have not found a manufacture that does. Without I found the jam nuts constantly come loose.

ended up using the slee's diy front adjuster. couldn't find the right pieces to make it work.

Hey there, can anyone tell me what size diameter your panhard bar is?

I need to make something similar for my 1991 4Runner and I just want to make sure the material listed will work if the bars are similar.

Thanks!

Thread revival:
Does anyone have any additional experience using this technique to make the front track bar adjustable? I'm curious if some creative sleeving to make the adaptors fit and using the six inch bolt is strong enough.

Bringing this back from the dead. I haven't installed everything yet but if you buy a turnbuckle like this with male threads on one side/female threads on the other you don't have to take the whole thing apart to adjust everything. Just make sure you get RH + LH tube adapters like these to go with it. With this set up you can adjust by backing off the jam nuts and cranking the turnbuckle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom