ACSD Removal 1HD-T (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gday everyone, I am wanting to remove my ACSD on my 1HD-T and I was wondering if anyone has had any problems in doing so. It looks straight forward I have a blanking plate and new o ring ready to go. I am aware I dont have to re check the timing as when I timed my pump I timed it with the ACSD disabled. My main question is I have heard mixed reviews about the problems you have after. Some fuel shops down in Australia have told me it will be ok and others say I might have starting issues with it running really rough and bellowing out white smoke. I thought I ask the people on here who have actually done it. Cheers.

ok beauty. Just I was told I may have ideling issues with it. Did you by pass the water hose or blanked them off

be sure to bleed it properly ( pump / injectors ) after the removal .. and sure my idle seems to suffer a little bit ..

@jules781 , can you post photos of your ACSD removal when you do it? Or a step-by-step? I'm going to do this in the Fall sometime and have all the necessary stuff (plate, o-ring, etc.) I just want to know what I'm getting into as our HDJ81 is our daily driver and once I dive in, I'm committed :)

sorry I havn't gotten around to doing it yet, but basically looks pretty simple remove hoses and join em or cap them off, then pull the 12mm nut off the shaft on a acsd and then proceed to remove the allen keys and replace with the blanking plate. But when I do get around to doing it I will post photos just I am unsure when as I use my car a lot in the summer to tow the boat around

ah awesome. Did you notice any more smoke than usual or did it hunt at idle or it was like it never got removed

I found you may need to use a bit of throttle input to get the idle smoothed out when it's really cold (-20C and below), and it may smoke more, you WILL notice the ACSD has been removed when it's cold out, but it's not a deal breaker. If you live where it's really cold you may want to look into a Webasto or other means of pre-heating the engine.

you guys in cold places use the glow plugs .? ( 1HD-T )

Asking coz due to our temp / weather ( more less 80°F all year ) I just crank it .. never stop in the glow position ..

you guys in cold places use the glow plugs .? ( 1HD-T )

Asking coz due to our temp / weather ( more less 80°F all year ) I just crank it .. never stop in the glow position ..

Yes, definitely. When you turn the key to ACC position, the glowplug dash light illuminates, if it's warm out it turns off again almost immediately, but if it's cold out it remains illuminated for a period of time (the colder it is, the long it stays lit), once it goes out you can crank the engine over. It doesn't seem to stay lit for any appreciable amount of time until it's nearing freezing temps in my experience.

With my hdft, I started it many times last winter in -20c to -30c weather without letting the intake heater (glow) warm up at all. The remote starter that came installed on it doesn't have any sort of hold.

Started up instantly no matter the temperature. Right now I'm in the maybe later camp regarding the acsd removal.

With my hdft, I started it many times last winter in -20c to -30c weather without letting the intake heater (glow) warm up at all. The remote starter that came installed on it doesn't have any sort of hold.

Started up instantly no matter the temperature. Right now I'm in the maybe later camp regarding the acsd removal.
Does hd-ft have the ACSD? I thought it was phased out by then?

Yes, definitely. When you turn the key to ACC position, the glowplug dash light illuminates, if it's warm out it turns off again almost immediately, but if it's cold out it remains illuminated for a period of time (the colder it is, the long it stays lit), once it goes out you can crank the engine over. It doesn't seem to stay lit for any appreciable amount of time until it's nearing freezing temps in my experience.

what I mean with the glow position it's I never wait that " glow " time .. I just crank it right away and it started right away ..

what I mean with the glow position it's I never wait that " glow " time .. I just crank it right away and it started right away ..

I understood, I do the same thing in the summer with mine, but when it does get cold it fires and catches much better if you let the glow system do its thing.

I understood, I do the same thing in the summer with mine, but when it does get cold it fires and catches much better if you let the glow system do its thing.

well I ask coz still do the same .. but after ACSD removal the idle sits a little lower when cold compared if I start with normal temp .. like 800 ( where usually sits ) vs 700 or so .. when cold ..

Does hd-ft have the ACSD? I thought it was phased out by then?

Maybe? Now i don't know for sure. I kinda figured that this doohicky was it. It's attached to the ip, adjusts something with a linkage, and there's two coolant lines into the back of it. Maybe only some markets got it? Is this something else totally obvious that I'm clueless about?

full

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom