acc or urban for 80 service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys need the axle service done on the 80.Any recomendations where to take her. I'm in Augusta
don't wanna tackle it myself in the parking lot!!
Researching.Shes gonna need it soon! prob gonna need to change some gaskets too (drip drip drip)
thanks all
tromz:steer:

If you are going to take it somewhere to get the axle done then definately ACC!!! They are great guys and do awesome work

There are more choices for your consideration than what you may be aware of

Peter Merriam at
Merriam Automotive
3568 Buford Hwy
Duluth, GA 30096
(770) 814-7516

He fixed some recurring axle leaks we had on my wife's '95 FZJ80 and the workmanship was great because the axle is still leak free.

Good luck.

Given the choice between Urban and ACC, then ACC for sure. They rebuild 80 axles in their sleep and don't have any ridiculous policies, waiting periods or keep your truck for months on end.

Cool guys that was my guess!!! I have talked to Brian on the phone back on the e brake fix. He seems on point . Anyone else in Augusta familiar with 80's??? I'M LEARNING :clap:

I'm also looking for a good shop in Augusta. I have taken my 80 to Georgialina Auto on Washington Rd for a radiator replacement, and three belts. All for $500 (including a new CSF radiator) and the workmanship is outstanding. I can't speak for an axle job though. The owner however sounds like he is familiar with solid axles. Let me know if you find a good shop!

I have an 80 and can do the work myself, but if I ever outsource my work I take it to ACC.

They did my cage work too. Top notch.

:princess:We just had some work done by ACC on the wifes 2003 4runner:princess:. They were prompt and knowledgable, with a fair price! Idler pulley, new belt, flush and fill Rad. ,change fluids in diffs. 130,000 miles. and plan to get at least 130,000 more out of it! Great Guys.
DSC00044.jpg
Atlanta Custom Small.jpg

I'm also looking for a good shop in Augusta. I have taken my 80 to Georgialina Auto on Washington Rd for a radiator replacement, and three belts. All for $500 (including a new CSF radiator) and the workmanship is outstanding. I can't speak for an axle job though. The owner however sounds like he is familiar with solid axles. Let me know if you find a good shop!

hope they didn't mix green coolant with red!!!!!!! Hope you handed him factory belts!! Raidiator i can handle !! Axle service the first time no. Sure i can manage but outside with not a lot of free time on a d/d no thanks. Remember a Landcruiser is way different than any other vehicle!!!! The dealers dont even stock the new ones!!!!! Various so callled "mechanics" have told me they have never seen one the 80 that is . A guy in the parking lot today offered his services while i was changing the oil. I had the factory wrench in my hand. He was amazed i have a factory tool kit!!! Oh YEA and my oil drip is "the front main" ! Um no. "It its gotta be coming from that spot!! (oil pan arch seal) I asked if he wanted to help pull the head !!! He left guess he was in too deep :hillbilly:

Moral of the story BE SURE YOUR MECHANIC WORKS ON CRUISERS!!!! or maybe hand him the FSM

I swung by ACC today and they're wall to wall with Cruisers. Also, bring some stuff to have powder coated with you, Brian has a cool color for you.

I swung by ACC today and they're wall to wall with Cruisers. Also, bring some stuff to have powder coated with you, Brian has a cool color for you.

Did you buy some tires?

Nope, but might have something by the end of the day if it works out.

There are more choices for your consideration than what you may be aware of

Peter Merriam at
Merriam Automotive
3568 Buford Hwy
Duluth, GA 30096
(770) 814-7516

He fixed some recurring axle leaks we had on my wife's '95 FZJ80 and the workmanship was great because the axle is still leak free.

Good luck.

Yeah but do they support every ride they attend by donating raffle prizes and other goodies? ACC is the only place I would take my rig. Just wish I lived closer! Great guys that "support the sport".

Later,

Yeah but do they support every ride they attend by donating raffle prizes and other goodies? ACC is the only place I would take my rig. Just wish I lived closer! Great guys that "support the sport".

Later,

Excellant point Jeff which is reflected by the clear support for Mike & Brian and the company they have made ACC into. I would expand your endorsement beyond just supporting the sporting aspect; ACC is very active in all aspect support of the TLCA & Land Cruiser community.

However, the original request appeared to focus on work quality between ACC and Urban. With that parameter in mind, I offered additional information where quality Cruiser workmanship is available.

I gotta agree with Bodean on this one. I like to support those that support us, and Bryan and Michael do that quite well. Both are standup guys who do great work and at the same time support the events. That's enough for me. And unlike Jeff, I do live close enough to use them when I can't do the work myself.

In fact, my 80 has been there for awhile getting a metric assload of stuff done and should be ready for pick-up next week. :bounce::bounce:

They've always gone above and beyond and kept me updated on the progress, something, I can tell you from painful experience you won't find at that other ATL shop...

EDIT: Larry, you must of posted while I was typing...don't want you to think I was disagreeing with you, just making the point that ACC go above and beyond just service...

EDIT: Larry, you must of posted while I was typing...don't want you to think I was disagreeing with you, just making the point that ACC go above and beyond just service...

Todd, No disagreement here either. You and Jeff are pointing out the importance of acknowledging and actively supporting businesses that go that extra length which I agree with. Similarly, I consider it important to not censor or withhold information either.

Congratulations on being so close to having the 80 done. This will give you several months of trials and adjustments to ensure that she is ready for Alaska.

Well guess ill have to save up and rent a Prius and drop the 80 off in the not to distant future!!!

Adding to post since Rick linked it

ACC did killer work. My parts are powdercoated . A good thing is that these guys actually go where Landcruisers are meant to go!!

HMMM I didnt see Urban mall um I mean Landcruisers at GSMTR

I am in Augusta too. I have had no luck in finding anyone who has a clue about my 40..... never tried georgialina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom