AC in a 45 is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tank5

SILVER Star
Threads
I am building a SWB 45 and reached a point where I need to decide if I want to add AC or not. I would like to hear from those that have ac in their 45. Is it effective enough to go through the trouble and expense to install? Please share what make and model AC you have.

I've got OEM a/c in my 40, it helps, the passenger stays nicer than the driver. driver upper body stays nice, it's the lower leg to the foot that needs it but doesn't get any air flow.

@Tank5 I cannot remember but did you shave your firewall with the v8 swap? If you did, it opens up more options with the flat firewall.

@Tank5 I cannot remember but did you shave your firewall with the v8 swap? If you did, it opens up more options with the flat firewall.
I did not, my firewall is stock in form. I have had to change the starter on a 2uz a couple times now and I wanted to keep that space at the back of the engine just in case I have to do it again.

I had one in a fj40 (vintage air), does that count? If so yes install one if you have hot weather in your region. I like the idea of having the creature comforts. I would recommend putting insulation on the the floor and firewall as high as you can to help stabilize the engine and noise. However, I removed it since I left it topless. Even though I removed it I went ahead swapped in the right motor mount from fj60 that has the bracketry for an a/c. I compressor. I also installed factory powersteering using a 4x4 toyota truck as a donor. It just makes it more enjoyable to drive.

I live in northern Alabama and have an Old Air Products AC system in my 78’ 45. It is worth every penny I paid for it! I would not have it any other way living in the south. My AC blows 39 degrees on high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom