AC Condenser leak? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's not bad per say, from what I understand it dries up because of the reaction R-134 has with the oil. It causes the compressor to seize after awhile, but it should be ok since you only used it on the O-rings. Worst case your seals may leak, fix it then.
Nylog blue it is for when I replace the condenser! I remember a pretty epic thread that @flintknapper was involved in and it left me very convinced that nylog blue is the way to go. Just didn’t see it until after I had replaced that line.

Nylog blue it is for when I replace the condenser! I remember a pretty epic thread that @flintknapper was involved in and it left me very convinced that nylog blue is the way to go. Just didn’t see it until after I had replaced that line.

Getting ready to do my system: Compressor, Condenser, Evaporator, TXV, Suction and Discharge Lines, new Evap box seal.

Everything presently is all original. Have a leak in my Condenser. So might as well do it all. Rear A/C components seem to be OK.

As always will be using Nylog on O-rings, mating surfaces and schrader valve threads.

I just did my AC system a few months ago, I kept having this leak, got fed up, replaced all the main components, besides the high and low lines.

I ended up getting a Denso compressor, Denso Evaporator, and Spectra Condenser.

I did the Evaporator myself and got new O rings for the system and used nylog blue on all the O rings. The vacuum and refill, was done at the shop didn't want to be bothered with it especially when they have the machine that adds the exact amount of oil and refrigerant.

It's been 3 months ice cold air and no issues :grinpimp::beer:
So I'm assuming you had difficulty sourcing the Denso Evap as well?

So I'm assuming you had difficulty sourcing the Denso Evap as well?
I actually ordered the Denso Evaporator on Rock Auto, when it came in the numbers matched from the manual and it also matches with the original one that came with the truck. Toyota has different reference numbers on their website.

For sure use OEM or Denso on Evap and Compressor. It's a big job where you don't want to do again.

I actually ordered the Denso Evaporator on Rock Auto, when it came in the numbers matched from the manual and it also matches with the original one that came with the truck. Toyota has different reference numbers on their website.

For sure use OEM or Denso on Evap and Compressor. It's a big job where you don't want to do again.
Sorry, I meant did you have trouble getting the Denso Condenser, not evap.

Sorry, I meant did you have trouble getting the Denso Condenser, not evap.

No worries, I didn't end up getting a Denso Condenser, instead I went with the Spectra. The only complaint I have is that it didn't come with the brackets. Other then that it works great.

Any condenser you buy, just check the fins for any damage.

No worries, I didn't end up getting a Denso Condenser, instead I went with the Spectra. The only complaint I have is that it didn't come with the brackets. Other then that it works great.

Any condenser you buy, just check the fins for any damage.
I might try ordering a spectra again. Bummed mine was all bent to crap.

Are new mounting brackets really needed, or is that just a nice to have that comes with the OEM and Denso's?

Are new mounting brackets really needed, or is that just a nice to have that comes with the OEM and Denso's?
They aren't needed per say, you can use the ones that are already in place if they are in good condition. Mine were bad and had to be replaced.

I ordered a new OEM condenser during this sale Decatur Toyota is having because I am 99% sure that's my issue.... A question for @flintknapper though... you mentioned all new components while replacing your condenser so I am wondering if I should go ahead and do the evaporator as well? $260 shipped is a really good price. Should I do it?

1695827739145.png

WHOA!! That's a great price. I'm always looking for the stacked discounts and free shipping. Where did you see this deal?

WHOA!! That's a great price. I'm always looking for the stacked discounts and free shipping. Where did you see this deal?

It’s 25% off and free shipping plus, for me, no tax.

Bought... Awesome price and now I have to pull out my list of parts I need to buy! I have a spreadsheet ready for when this promo comes out and I just load up. Thanks for the heads up!

1695829341797.png

$302 out the door for new evap AND expansion valve.

1695829793280.png

Bought... Awesome price and now I have to pull out my list of parts I need to buy! I have a spreadsheet ready for when this promo comes out and I just load up. Thanks for the heads up!
Nice! Glad I returned that Spectra LOL

Okay, so trying to get all the other things I need. I think I need the three o-rings in this diagram. Do I need dealer specific o-rings? Or can I get any kind? I read something about green o-rings for A/C or something? Also in this video the guy mentions new seals... I assume he's just talking about the o-rings and not some other seal between the hardline and the condensor?

1696990359107.png

Okay, so trying to get all the other things I need. I think I need the three o-rings in this diagram. Do I need dealer specific o-rings? Or can I get any kind? I read something about green o-rings for A/C or something? Also in this video the guy mentions new seals... I assume he's just talking about the o-rings and not some other seal between the hardline and the condensor?
Any kind of O-rings is fine as long as it is rated for the refrigerant R-134a. They are usually green and I think that's also what he meant by seals.

Last edited:
I just bought a box of the green rings from Harbor freight for about $13. Should cover them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom