ABS Light after coil spring swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning everyone. I just installed new Dobinson c59-223V coil springs on my 80 this morning. After I put it all back together I have my ABS light on. When I go 30 mph and slam the breaks it doesn't lock up, so it must be working right? My axles dropped down pretty low when I installed them. Did I stretch a wire too much, or is there a sensor that I busted. Any help would be great.

Pull the ABS codes to see which is the offending corner. Pretty straightforward to troubleshoot.

Pull the ABS codes to see which is the offending corner. Pretty straightforward to troubleshoot.
Can you pull the ABS codes with my check engine OBD2 gauge, or is that a separate tool I need?

Gonna say, when you dropped your axle without disconnecting your ABS cable you stretched it and broke a wire.

been there done that !
How did you find out which one it was?

Can you pull the ABS codes with my check engine OBD2 gauge, or is that a separate tool I need?
There is a test procedure in the FSM. If i remember correctly its back to the paperclip method with a couple of extra steps

Found the test procedure. The SST is a paperclip.
Screenshot_20230812_163304_pCloud.jpg

Thanks for the help gentlemen. Out to the garage tomorrow morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom