SOLD ABQ NM 1974 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(88, 83, 83)
Sale pending as of 10/25

74 Fj40 clean title purchased in Las Cruces years ago

This is a fuel injected pre smog cruiser
Everything on this vehicle is new or rebuilt. Everything has 0 miles on it
Build is completely frame off

I am out of time and moving across the country. My third move in 3 years. Plus I built this to be more of a real off-road toy. Cruising in Florida with air lockers, 4.88’s just doesn’t make sense. It will be a while before I’d be able to continue working on this anyway. So this is for sale with a bit left to do, break in of drivetrain, fluids, driveshafts, and ARB compressor location/switches needing installed.

Driveshafts are on order from Tom Woods and should arrive by the 26th.

Lt1 vette motor built by Knightons automotive
700r4 built by Richard Peters in ABQ
Stock tcase rebuilt by NM gear and Clutch
Advanced adapters kits and twin stick setup installed
Built 4.88 ARB locked axles by NM gear and Clutch
All disc setup bled and done. Stainless lines and New Booster, Master
Vintage Air setup
New radiator and cooling lines
New fuel pump, filter, lines, tank
New procar seats
New 315/70/17 BFG tires. New rims.
4” lift springs New New bushings, shackles, ect
New power steering parts
All new weatherstrip and seals everywhere
New window regulators
New hinges or bushings where needed
Heath grey paint
Satin black accents
New exhaust
New PSI conversion wiring harness, programmed computer for LT1 4.88
LT1 has new starter, PS pump, AC compressor, ect.
All new auto meter gauges
American Autowire harness used. All connections are heat shrink/watertight
New sensors
New column, new wheel, new touch screen stereo
All new lights. Disassembled painted black and installed
New Cityracer HID headlights
Body was cleaned, repaired where necessary bedlined, sealed, primed, painted underneath and inside the tub floor.
All hardware is new stainless or zinc
All weatherstrip is factory or cityracer.
Cityracer rear hatch struts?

Exhaust is dual mufflers. 2.5” out of NEW ram hornsClamped till I tested out everything for sound and any adjustments. You can have it welded up or change whatever

Comes with some extra parts in a box, new ARB compressor, new rocker switch set, cityracer door weatherstrip. I used lowes automotive weatherstrip at those spots currently. There is about 1/2-2/3 a gallon of paint left ect.

The things that are left have options for personal preference on how the next owner can set them. Compressor and switch location, speaker setup, roll bar choice, rear seat choice, ect.

If I find a stock roll bar reasonably priced and distanced I’ll add it. Same with the short jump seats. Finding them is getting a bit difficult. I’m moving in about two weeks and still need to pack up a house. I’m also gone the 20th-30th. But when I return someone is more than welcome to come check it out. 😳

More pictures added when lighting is better tomorrow.

$40,000
Or $30,000-$35,000 with a part trade of a 07-14 4x4 Tahoe, 04-14 CC pickup, v8 4 runner, v8 Landcruiser in Black, Grey, White, with grey or Black interior.

Maybe a good running fj55. Or a fj45lv would be great.

3657FDF5-5E23-4B21-9CA0-6ADCE6AD1BCF.jpeg

C7E5B1FD-BF13-407E-942B-878A7BF18D5C.jpeg

16C0F73E-83C2-4D9B-89D6-F8FCA9C7392F.jpeg

A1E00874-1814-4630-9A5B-B2B486DD8A77.jpeg

9CEE34DB-4A53-44EC-905A-29B8DB088186.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s quite a truck!
Did you buy the off-master brake lines, or make them?
GLWS

That’s quite a truck!
Did you buy the off-master brake lines, or make them?
GLWS
Bought the stainless kit from cruiser corps I believe. Or one of those. Not a big fan of the section that joins to the master wish it was a bit longer. To maneuver it more But overall it was a nice kit.

I have done some Fuel injected SBC in a few vehicles. I had several of the TPI motors that had 250/350 HP/TRQ with the benefits of fuel injection. My dad used to take us off-roading in his 74 k10 and anytime we hit large inclines we’d climb the carb would act up. Several years ago I frame offed his truck and put a TPI system in it. The improvement was awesome.

The LT1 came after the TPI years and it had even better HP ratings with a lighter set of heads. I happened to have a core for one so I went that route.

Optispark venting was one of the biggest issues with the LT1. But you can find vented ones often now. This one has one of the newer versions.

I may do a LS on something but it’d have to see if the extra cost is really worth it. Over a LT or TPI setup or a 350 with a MPI setup
Beautiful rig! Can I ask why the LT1 was chosen? Curious what benefits they have

Last edited:
I have done some Fuel injected SBC in a few vehicles. I had several of the TPI motors that had 250/350 HP/TRQ with the benefits of fuel injection. My dad used to take us off-roading in his 74 k10 and anytime we hit large inclines we’d climb the carb would act up. Several years ago I frame offed his truck and put a TPI system in it. The improvement was awesome.

The LT1 came after the TPI years and it had even better HP ratings with a lighter set of heads. I happened to have a core for one so I went that route.

Optispark venting was one of the biggest issues with the LT1. But you can find vented ones often now. This one has one of the newer versions.

I may do a LS on something but it’d have to see if the extra cost is really worth it. Over a LT or TPI setup or a 350 with a MPI setup

I had purchased a 69 FJ40 with a trashed 283 sbc in it. I researched a few options for engines and had avoided the LT series due to optispark, but always wondered if there were other benefits. I ended up doing a LS (5.3L LM7) that I bought from BD turnkey engines which was awesome. All the programming and wiring was already done. His costs have gone up a bit, but not unreasonable IMO. Beautiful rig, I wish I had my Chevelle sold so I could buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom