A picture from “Running of the Pigs” in October 2001 on the Rubicon (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Unfortunately, I have to sell my Pig and was going through some old pictures and came across this picture taken by Maxwell Balmain.
From left to right:
Jake McCready, Tom Male, Eric Lint, Mike Knorr, Clark Staves (RIP), Morgan Fletcher, Dennis Owen, W. Harold (RIP), Luke Porter, Alan Lunghi in Big Stinky, Bill Stayner, Don “Fc187” Brannon, Greg Dyche, and Eric Hassett
panorama-4.jpg

(and a link to my advert)
My Pig that Georg did the work on

Isn't that Max taking the picture?

Mark...

13 pigs and no other rigs. That was a first!

Mark...

Unfortunately, I have to sell my Pig and was going through some old pictures and came across this picture taken by Maxwell Balmain.
From left to right:
Jake McCready, Tom Male, Eric Lint, Mike Knorr, Clark Staves (RIP), Morgan Fletcher, Dennis Owen, W. Harold (RIP), Luke Porter, Alan Lunghi in Big Stinky, Bill Stayner, Don “Fc187” Brannon, Greg Dyche, and Eric Hassett
View attachment 3499564

Such a classic picture…. How many folks have moved on. Or stayed the same…. **cough** Stayner!! 😂😂

Mark, you are correct. Max is taking the picture. And Mark, it was great that you were able to join us for the run!
I had a blast. it was a great trip. :)

I am wondering. Do you know who actually took that shot? I'd have to dig through a lot of old stuff that I don't even know where to find anymore... but I think I have a pair of snaps just like that? And since I don't see me anywhere in the picture... it got me wondering... ?

Mark...

No way you turned that beaut into the black whale ???? Short hair too, I remember them days.
Beno - BK moved on, he drives a Volvo now.

From left to right:
View attachment 3499564

> Morgan Fletcher

Haven't seen him in a long time. He offered his Pig to me along with all of the LCML ownership/archives and some other really cool old Cruiser artifacts. Fortunately or unfortunately I passed. He's still active on some professional social media, but quit FB at some point.

1701887140707.png

No way you turned that beaut into the black whale ????
The black whale? Nobody calls it that. Around here, it's just The Pig.
I did end up with Morgan's doubler and his wheels, that he had on that run. still get up to the Rubicon occasionally

20220821_180614.jpg

20220828_110052.jpg

I had a blast. it was a great trip. :)

I am wondering. Do you know who actually took that shot? I'd have to dig through a lot of old stuff that I don't even know where to find anymore... but I think I have a pair of snaps just like that? And since I don't see me anywhere in the picture... it got me wondering... ?

Mark...

On 27 October 2001, Morgan emailed out that picture (which I kept) to all of us. It was also on his site back then (http://www.birfield.com/~morgan/pigrun2001/panorama-4.jpg), but no longer visible. So Mark, I guess I don't know who actually took the picture, but that is where I got it.

... And since I don't see me anywhere in the picture... it got me wondering... ?

Mark...

Mark,
On Friday 26 October 2001 Max sent an email titled "Pig Poster"
Here is part of his email:
"I was lucky enough to join Morgan and Mark in Morgan's great 55 on the "Running of the Pigs" run on the Rubicon last week. I shot a bunch of film (14 rolls) I have scanned a dozen or so images so far. I am thinking it would be cool to produce some kind of Pigs on the Con poster. ..."

I don't know if Max's email that he sent from is still valid, but it would be exciting to see some of the shots he took!

Mark,
On Friday 26 October 2001 Max sent an email titled "Pig Poster"
Here is part of his email:
"I was lucky enough to join Morgan and Mark in Morgan's great 55 on the "Running of the Pigs" run on the Rubicon last week. I shot a bunch of film (14 rolls) I have scanned a dozen or so images so far. I am thinking it would be cool to produce some kind of Pigs on the Con poster. ..."

I don't know if Max's email that he sent from is still valid, but it would be exciting to see some of the shots he took!
I have not been in contact with Max since.. Maybe 2002? I agree it would be nice to see what he had from that trip. I had a few snaps, but I don't remember anything that I considered "amazing". My house was broken into while unoccupied for a spell a few years back. So much was destroyed, even beyond what was stolen that I loose track of it all. But I am pretty sure that most of the hard copy photos I had from back then are gone.

Who was it that had his two daughters along riding in what I *think* was a red and white Pig? I had a shot of him up on two wheels and driving out of what looked like a sure roll over coming off some minor un-named obstable.

Mark...

Pretty neat!

I used to hang out with Morgan and a group of other cruiser heads at Shacky's (RIP) shack in Oakland back in the day. Sometimes Luke would come a join us. That was a bit after 2001 but I remember Morgan was toying with booting the 2F for a V8, wonder if that ever happened?

Last edited:
> Morgan Fletcher

Haven't seen him in a long time. He offered his Pig to me along with all of the LCML ownership/archives and some other really cool old Cruiser artifacts. Fortunately or unfortunately I passed. He's still active on some professional social media, but quit FB at some point.

View attachment 3500182
This is what I’ve been wondering about.
I guess Morgan got out of FJ55’s, but what ever happened to his old rig? I think he was one of the very few in those days running Stockton steel rims with hubcaps on an SOA.
If anyone has any old pics of his Cruiser, please post to the Pig Picture Album in the Iron Pig Preservation Society.

Last edited:
This is what I’ve been wondering about.
I guess Morgan got out of FJ55’s, but what ever happened to his old rig? I think he was one of the very few in those days running Stockton steel rims with hubcaps on an SOA.
If anyone has any old pics of his Cruiser, please post to the Pig Picture Album in the Iron Pig Preservation Society.
Here's a pic of him on Rubicon around 2003 maybe:

1702059523552.png

And a pic of it in the condition I last saw it in, needing completion after 1-ton axles install and him re-focusing on bikes and family. At this time he still had an 80 as his main daily driver. We went on a MTB trip in it. I believe he has since switched to a Sprinter van. I'm not sure who bought the piggy.

1702059646887.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom