A better bargain than Wheelskins for leather wrapping your steering wheel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I installed the Wheelskinz and it turned out pretty nice. Looks as thou Superskin uses braided nylon cord where as the Wheelskin uses a waxed cord. I'm sure both are very tough. Mine had little frayed pieces that stuck out after stitching that I just quicky hit with a lighter to clean up. It took me about 1.5 hours but I bet I could do next in 45 mins. Remember needle only goes from outside to in if you want to do baseball stich. I also found that holding last stitch tight with one finger while threading with other hand kept everything tight. Going to do my Avalon now.

Well I got this one off ebay about a year ago...now I can't find the seller. It shipped from England and was about $35.

It's real leather and not padded. The gray color is only a shade darker in real life, pics make it look charcoal. I really like the way it laces on compared to a Wheelskins.

I know they had black and brown as well. Don't remember a tan.
View attachment 1088381View attachment 1088382

That looks fantastic! Any chance you could check your eBay history and find the name of the seller?

Thanks for this info. I just ordered one. Still available on Amazon for about $20 total. I'll try to remember to post up how well it fits on my 80, or, if wheel is the same size I'll install on my 100, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom