98 LX470 owner looking for AHC deletion mechanic or shop in LA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just so other folks aren't confused:

Functioning AHC should be the most comfortable ride quality you can find - that includes all common aftermarket kits. Ironman, Slee, even the high end ICON setups.

"Rides way better" in your case seems to mean stiffer, I think. If so, I think its helpful to clarify that. That can definitely mean better to some folks, but its important to make the differentiation between on-road comfort and stiffness. Even then, properly setup AHC in sport 2 is pretty close to the OME-level brake dive/roll, etc...

AHC has no real limit on weight. You can run AHC on the most decked out overland rig imaginable. As weight is added on AHC, its important to do the exact same thing you'd do with any other conventional suspension - adjust springs/torsion bars. Adding a steel rear bumper? Swap out the rear springs for something stronger. Adding a front bumper? Crank those torsion bars or swap to a stronger bar. Same process for AHC or conventional.

There not really such a thing as "adding more weight than AHC can handle".

Don't mean to pick on you, just trying to make sure other folks debating how to work on their own rig have all the info. :)
When you say a sport 2, do you mean with the dial turned all the way to the right?

How does the IronMan Foam cells feel by comparison?
I have the ironman foam cell 2” Lift with UCAs and Diff Drop. To me it rides way better then stock. My new shocks are designed to ride smooth. The problem is a lot of people crank the torsion bars too high. If you leave enough rake with the lift, then it will ride way better than it ever did with AHC. Even in sport mode AHC had a lot of body roll around corners and was too bouncy. Now my 100 rides plush and corners with confidence. I’m very happy with my lift and will never look back! These trucks are getting old. I don’t have to worry about leaky shocks, or servicing AHC fluids, rusted out lines, or looking at pressures on a computer.

69CB51BF-A76A-4EB1-87DF-701580FCA412.jpeg

I have the ironman foam cell 2” Lift with UCAs and Diff Drop. To me it rides way better then stock. My new shocks are designed to ride smooth. The problem is a lot of people crank the torsion bars too high. If you leave enough rake with the lift, then it will ride way better than it ever did with AHC. Even in sport mode AHC had a lot of body roll around corners and was too bouncy. Now my 100 rides plush and corners with confidence. I’m very happy with my lift and will never look back! These trucks are getting old. I don’t have to worry about leaky shocks, or servicing AHC fluids, rusted out lines, or looking at pressures on a computer.

View attachment 2612176

Awesome! What is your rake? The back height is set. Overall 2 inch lift?

This is exactly why I am thinking of making the conversion!

back to the question of a LC LX shop in Southern California I'll throw a second vote in for RPM Garage in Monrovia, my brother and I have had our trucks worked on and are very satisfied with the shop. They work on a ton of 100's as well as other Toyota 4x4. They may even be able to diagnosis the AHC system in case it doesn't need to be replaced.

Ran out of $hitty whiskey. Am now restocked in preparation for the front range snowmagedon.

Hopefully it’s not as severe as the 3/2003 “snowpocalypse” that left me stranded in the Vail area, for about a week longer than planned.

Hopefully it’s not as severe as the 3/2003 “snowpocalypse” that left me stranded in the Vail area, for about a week longer than planned.
I'm praying to the snow gods that it is indeed that severe #MeLuvSnow

Awesome! What is your rake? The back height is set. Overall 2 inch lift?

This is exactly why I am thinking of making the conversion!
My rake is about an inch higher in the back. Yes the back height is set to the new spring height. It’s overall a little more than a 2” lift. I have heard good things at RPM garage in Monrovia. They can answer all your questions as they have lifted a lot of 100 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom