97 LX450 Flashing Check Engine Light/ Vibration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Str8Razor

SILVER Star
Threads
Truck has 195k miles on it and s***ty valve seals, Left for work this morning, accelerating through the gears and all of a sudden i get a heavy vibration and the check engine light starts to flash, truck was not happy and vibrating considerably over 2100 rpm, seemed to go away or calm down a bit if I let off the accelerator.....at first i thought it was transmission but it was consistent in third gear or overdrive, now i am leaning more towards engine, specifically spark or fuel delivery, will scan for codes when I get it home. I have known issues with egr and have been riding with p0401 for some time. Any thoughts or similar experiences? Will update as I troubleshoot and find out more.....and yes I searched but did not find anything directly related but my googlefoo is weak...
Thanks
M

Codes should tell you a lot. Lots of possibilities and speculation until then. Best of luck to you. Hopefully something cheap, simple, and quick.

Checked codes, had a bunch, one of them being misfire in number 6 cylinder, pulled spark plug, had build up from bad valve seals and looked to be running lean, changed to a new spark plug, verified injector was firing, test drive went well....will perform routine maintenance as time allows, plugs wires cap rotor fuel filter etc...thanks to @NLXTACY for the guidance........will update with pics later....

Just to update at 210,000 miles now and did the exact same thing again this morning....

Was the truck sitting for a while before this happened?

I've had it happen 2x when I start the truck and it feels and sounds like the engine is going to blow up. It then smooths out and acts like nothing ever happened. I've read it might be due to ethanol in the gas clogging the injectors. (Not sure if that is a real answer or not).

Was the truck sitting for a while before this happened?

I've had it happen 2x when I start the truck and it feels and sounds like the engine is going to blow up. It then smooths out and acts like nothing ever happened. I've read it might be due to ethanol in the gas clogging the injectors. (Not sure if that is a real answer or not).
No hadn’t been sitting, was driven the day before, seemed to change with different gear selection but was hard to tell if it was in the transmission or engine, almost felt like a fuel issue... still need to pull codes and see where the issue is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom