For Sale 97,hdt diesel, 5 speed manual, locked, dream cruiser, oregon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been putting off selling my 80 for awhile. I really love the truck and its super handy, but I'm really starting to feel the need for a full size truck or newer 200 series cruiser. I'm in the middle of some big construction projects and I need a little more towing capacity.
Anyhow I bought the truck off of Mud, heres the original add: For Sale - 97 diesel hd-t 5 speed part time 4x locked

Before I bought the truck, the previous owner decided not to add the oem subtank because we both felt it was unnecessary. He did add an upgraded larger turbo and intercooler system though. Which made the truck even more fun to drive.
I have done the following:
slee upgraded wiring harness
led spotlights on bumper
warn winch
dynamat most of the interior
new speakers throughout
custom 8'' subwoofer in rear i built so no cargo space is lost
alpine carplay double din with reverse cam
two amplifiers
white knuckle step sliders
did a little slee spacer in the front to even out the stance
couple new bushings on the control arms
wits end lock box in center console
put seat heaters in the front seats controlled by some oem switches i got out of a lexus
prob some more things I'm forgetting.

I paid $25,750 for the truck because the previous owner did a fair amount of work to it before selling it to me and the quality of his work was very good and honest.
I'm putting it up for $28,000 considering the amount of fun stuff I've put into it. It cost a fair amount and was a lot of labor.
It's hands down the most fun land cruiser I've driven. I drove a some other diesel conversions before this one and was unimpressed. I test drove this almost on a whim and it blew me away.
I live on the central oregon coast, theres a possibility I might be able to deliver it to the right buyer. After I bought this truck I sold my lx450 to a Mud guy in Arizona. I drove it down there and flew back and it worked out fine. I'm also very busy so thats up in the air.
Has 262,000 miles on the body.

IMG_0657.JPG

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0672.JPG

IMG_0673.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG

SUH-WEET rig and good deal for what you have. If I were in the market I would bite.

GLWS

Thanks, yeah it’s hard figuring out pricing on these things. There are a fair amount of diesel cruisers coming from overseas now, but I didn’t want to go that route. I’m not a mailman so having a RHD cruiser doesn’t make any sense to me. I felt really good about the reliability of the engine after developing a good repoir with the guy I bought it from. I live in a pretty small town and didn’t want to deal with trying to talk mechanics into working on something unfamiliar to them.
It’s all mechanical though so it’s fairly easy to work on.
I guess I’m trying to say that buying a cruiser fresh off the boat was an unknown I wasn’t willing to take a chance on.
Also, I left out the 1 in the
1-HDT engine designation. Sorry for any confusion.
Another also, The marks ABS relocater kit is installed, but I kept getting abs deceleration sensor codes. Abs worked great for about a year, but I live in a rural area and gravel kept jamming the sensors so I pulled the abs fuse and run without it now.
Everything else works great, AC, tach, speedo, etc...

D8A1A6F9-359D-4E35-A9CC-D6E6A5B2C2BB.jpeg

Exhaust

F336B6F6-0324-42DA-8FC0-C58C27E867F9.jpeg

Step sliders

5CACD6B4-EB18-4804-8E6A-18FD00A90D0A.jpeg

Custom sub box.

C61A7CDE-A12B-487D-9CB6-A4A1E3E6B23C.jpeg
Cargo rack with fire extinguisher

Hard to say, the guy I got it from is kind of a Toyota diesel nut and has built quite a few. He thought it was a really low mile one like 50,000 when he did it. But I don’t have any verification on that. He said the parts he replaced weren’t all worn out or anything.
The engine doesn’t leak oil, and seems strong.

I would also consider trades for a newer 2005 plus 100 series. A 200 series cruiser. Or a newer 2010 plus full size truck. I could do money on top of the 80 for the right trade. Let me know what you’ve got!

Yeah, also I would like a little more towing capacity. Plus I had a lot of fun building this truck and getting it all dialed in and now there’s not a lot left to do.

The one that got away. I love that 80. It was set up to run 21-22 PSI boost with that intercooler. Cant really offer any info regarding miles on the engine unfortunately. I installed new rod bearings when I built it and the bearings that came out showed no wear.
Keith did some nice additions.

Good luck with the sale.

Feel free to visit the 80 on the coast before I sell it lynchmob. I haven’t messed with the boost at all since buying it from you. Seems to have plenty of power.

Feel free to visit the 80 on the coast before I sell it lynchmob. I haven’t messed with the boost at all since buying it from you. Seems to have plenty of power.
Any idea how one could or can title this in California? If it is possible to title this in Ca, I have a 2008 dodge ram 4x4 quad cab 6.7 cummins i might be interested in..Let me know if interesed..

I have no idea about title in California. I’ve heard of guys doing it fairly easily. You can’t hook up an obd2 to it. No computer stuff on the engine. It’s just a straight pipe back without any emissions stuff.
For some reason I thought maybe early diesels like that were exempt in California? I have no idea though, you would have to talk to your dmv.

Mine is registered as a diesel in Oregon though. Not sure if the title says diesel or not.

B2E52B96-F461-4A66-B475-390C10B1CDE0.jpeg

Bump for a sweet truck! @lynchmob, did you source the engine from an importer, or...?

TTT

I drove this last weekend...what a sweet ride! Everything one could want in a 80 series!

I want this truck really badly. I cannot believe it is still for sale. Price is excellent but just out of my reach. If my sale falls through and it is not gone in a few months where I can get the extra cash, I swear I will bite.

5D441F7D-AB7C-407B-B08E-EB7FFC699B4E.jpeg

Sweet Wits End lockbox in center console. Great for storing valuables or guns or whatever if you have kids around. Fits nice, this is the smaller size so you can still buy stuff on top of it and it’s pretty incognito.

90F172DB-0759-4231-A81D-159949C52471.jpeg

Here’s a pic of the door with dynamatt and new speaker. All four doors got this treatment. There is also dynamatt on the I side of the exterior door skin. It’s pretty nice sound.

Forgot to mention the previous owner rebuilt front knuckles before I bought it. That’s another one of those spendy maintenance jobs that’s nice to get out of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom