craigslist 94 FZJ80 - 163k - Michigan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm selling my 1994 FZJ80 for $6,000. Mid-Michigan (between GR and Lansing). I need a more kid-friendly vehicle at this point in my life, but we've loved owning this truck. Super dependable and fun to drive. Any questions or suggestions, let me know.

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 163k

* Condition is good (see known issues noted below)
* Factory lockers
* OEM Exhaust pipes, spark plugs & wires, radiator and A/C belts replaced in 2017
* Grey leather seats
* Working sunroof
* Working electronics and mechanical except known issues listed below
* Clean Michigan title
* Cash only

Known issues:
* Check Engine Light code 071 "EGR System Malfunction." Drives well overall but stutters when idling and when driving cold at low RPMs.
* some minimal body rust around the lift gate and door panels
* running boards are rusty
* A/C needs re-charged
* Spare tire crank needs to be fixed/replaced
* Power window motors are very slow in the Winter months, run fine in Summer
* front passenger door handle is cracked and needs to be replaced
* I do not have the jumpseats

Any pics of the rust areas......or underneath/ frame etc?

I don't have any on-hand but I'll grab some tomorrow after work.

Also does stuttering /cold low idle go away once the engine is really warm/been driven a while? Or is it always present no matter how warm/heatsoaked the engine is??

The stuttering goes away once the engine's warm or you're over 1k RPMs. Basically, it sounds great when you fire it up and begins idling lower and rough after a few minutes. If you put her into drive before that point it usually doesn't stutter at all. If you wait until the stuttering starts it'll hesitate for a few minutes before warming up. Nothing terrible, but enough to be annoying. I'm pretty sure it's the VSV. I've tested the EGR manifold via the FSM and cleaned all vacuum hoses.

Pics of the oil cap, undercarriage and panel rust (front passenger and rear driver door)

DSC_2057.jpg

DSC_2048.jpg

DSC_2076.jpg

DSC_2049.jpg

DSC_2067.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom