94’ brake help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have a 94’ fzj80 and am having brake issues. i recently changed rear pads, and rear driver caliper/rotor. i’ve noticed that when coming to a stop once i hit about 15mph i get what feels like a grinding/pulse in the brake pedal. also when coming to a complete stop the brake pedal isnt constant anymore(like the brakes get way more aggressive). this only happens at very slow speeds coming to a complete stop. front pads and rotors have been done within 5k miles and the system has been bled. the feeling is almost like a very weak abs pulse but the abs hasnt worked since i got the truck (3+ years). any help is greatly appreciated!

ps. truck is on ome lift with 35’s

It’s your abs system trying to work. I had the same problem. Delete the abs and your brakes will work properly again. Does the abs light come on after it happens? Or is it on all the time? I could be wrong as to why it happens but I think it has to do with the larger than stock tires.

It’s your abs system trying to work. I had the same problem. Delete the abs and your brakes will work properly again. Does the abs light come on after it happens? Or is it on all the time? I could be wrong as to why it happens but I think it has to do with the larger than stock tires.
abs light is always on. i suppose that would be a good next step. thank you!

This is the thread I followed when I did mine. You’ll be amazed how much better your brakes work with the abs deleted.

Check your wheel bearings for proper adjustment. Loose WB can cause ABS to activate.

If your ABS light us on, you have a problem within that system. Check and clean sensors and wires.

If you were in the rear axle, make sure you didn't whack the sensor and break it or break a wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom