92 fj80 diffs leaking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 92 fj80 with slow leaks in the front and rear diffs. I was just wondering if I should use a gasket or just RTV? I read about people using "Right Stuff" on pirate, but I have never heard of it before. Also the truck has lockers front and rear. The rear acts like an auto locker and I'm not sure about the front. I guess I'll find out while fixing the leak.

I'm going to pull the diff cover tonight, just wanted to see if anyone has any advice on weather to use the OEM gaskets or just RTV. I just don't want to have to do this twice.

I used the right stuff on my front diff four years ago. I don't think it's going to make one bit of difference one way or the other.

I recommend "Hondabond". I used to beat my 91 pickup with lift blocks and would get a ton of axle wrap up that liked to cause a leak between the 3rd member and axle housing. Permatex rtv leaked a couple times before I went to the Hondabond and never had a leak after. The stuff is very reliable

Cool, thanks for the input. The weather is not looking good for tomorrow so it will probably have to wait until next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom