For Sale 91 HZJ75 Troopy 22,000KM's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD

Well.....:bang:. I am FAR from happy about this. This is my ultimate dream vehicle and I searched very hard to find it. I built it up the way I wanted and now unfortunately work has been slow so I need the funds to pay for the boring stuff in life.

Vehicle info:

1991 HZJ75RV Troop Carrier

VIN: JT721PJ7508001687

22,000 km’s

RHD from Australia

Located in Portland, OR

It does have A/C and it works well.

No Rust.

The exterior White paint is a new paint job done by the seller in Australia. It was painted because it is an ex-government owned vehicle and it had decals / graphics on it before. The vehicle has been gone through with a Bondo meter and looked over thoroughly to ensure as much as possible that the paint isnt covering up any body issues.

The vehicle has had an inspection done and can be vouched for by Steve at Land Cruisers Direct. He had a buyer lined up for me but in the end they couldn't meet me close enough to my asking price. So here it is, available to the public for the first time.

Full float rear axle with limited slip diff in great working order.

So, on to this troopy’s story and the reason for the extremely low mileage. It was a government owned vehicle and was stationed at a very small airport in Northern Australia. It was only used every once in a while to chase Kangaroo off the runway to clear the way for planes coming and going. Likely set up as an EMT vehicle as well I assume since that is what these are usually used for if they are not a police vehicle.

Since it was owned by the government they serviced the vehicle every 6 months whether it needed it or not. So even though it didn’t get run too often, it stayed lubed up and with fresh fluids and filters all around.

I got the vehicle with 13,900 Km’s on it and after jumping the battery when it got off the ship it hasn’t missed a beat yet. Runs super smooth with proper power you expect from a 1HZ. H55f transmission shifts well and tight with zero grinding or slipping out gears, Clutch engages and disengages properly with no slipping.

I got the troopy off the boat from Australia in March and have done the following for preventative maintenance:

New Timing belt and tensioner spring (since I had a kit ready to put in I figured why not. The old one was very slightly loose from being 25 yrs old. Checked the idler bearing and it was still perfect. Water pump shows no signs of leaking )

Oil and oil filter changed (15w-40 Shell rotella synthetic and OEM filter)

OEM fuel filter

Greased Knuckles

Redline MT-90 transmission fluid

Delo 75w-90 GL-5 in transfer case and front diff.

Castrol 75w-90 limited slip in rear diff.

New OEM glow plugs

OEM air filter

New air intake “tube" (from air box to engine. Again, had one so why not start fresh. didn’t really need it)

Stripped interior and cleaned the floor and side walls behind side panels before installing sound deadener / insulation all around. I used “80mil Quiet crap” from Cruisercrap

Upgrades/ parts:

ARB front deluxe bumper

OME full suspension kit. (heavy duty in front, Medium in rear per Kurt at Cruiser outfitters recommendation) One leaf is removed from the medium duty spring packs in the rear but will come with the truck so you can add it back if you decide to build it RV style or add fuel/water tanks. Right now it rides nice with an average load in the rear (multiple peoples heavy camping gear for a weekend type of load)

5- 255/85 r16 Cooper ST-Maxx’s (with insurance from discount tire. Insurance does stay with the tires, not me)

5- 16x7 wheel vintique 12 series smoothie wheels

New Interstate Battery in March

Kenwood 373BT Head unit. (have back up camera but have not installed it)

Large convex side mirrors from newer 70 series

New Headlamps and headlights

LED dome, cargo, brake, running lights and blinkers from Rob at Odd iron off road.

Dougs tub in glovebox

Cupholders from Dingo 4x4 in Australia

Fire extinguisher mounted under passenger seat with “FOA” quick release.

Powdercoated aluminum side panels in the rear cargo area.

Powdercoated aluminum cubby over driver side wheel well.

1/2” thick solid Wood floor cut down to size from a nice 5x10 sheet.

Rubber non slip surface on top of wood.

Spare wheel/tire was moved to be mounted on rear door for easy access. I purchased the OEM carrier and made sure to properly reinforce the inside of the door to handle the weight. It has very thick steel braces distributing the weight for the least amount of strain on the outer panel and hinges.

I have put this thing to the test already to make sure it is really a solid vehicle and no issues have come up. It has taken me to the mountain and the coast around Oregon on some pretty demanding roads in very cold and hot conditions and never missed a beat. Does not put out white or black smoke and does not burn or leak oil. Nothing to hide here. A very solid troopy.

I also have about 1 thousand dollars in spare parts if it ever needs them. Pretty much everything rubber on the vehicle along with extra filters etc.. Brake lines, vacuum lines, fuel lines, accessory belts, timing belt kit with water pump, glow plugs, weather stripping for 4 side windows in the rear area and many others I’m forgetting probably.

Thats all I can think of right now. Let me know if you have any questions!

Asking $35,000

Email me at Handselreid@gmail.com if you are seriously interested. Sorry, I do not want to just chat about it since I am not happy about having to sell.

TroopySale_HReid-1.jpg

TroopySale_HReid-2.jpg

TroopySale_HReid-3.jpg

TroopySale_HReid-4.jpg

TroopySale_HReid-5.jpg

Last edited:
heartbreaker, just missed this by a hairsbreath. I knew about this before it went up on the board, by the time I got the funds together it went. Anyways best of enjoyment to the new owner.

Congrats. Very nice rig.

glad I didn't see this last week......what a great 70, pretty much what I am kinda looking for.

congrats to the new owner :)

Now that this one sold...I have a client looking for a LHD Troopy with little / no rust. Let me know if you have one...please send an email to support@seconddaily.com

Took delivery around midnight last night. The troopy is exactly as described and I could not be happier. Thanks @PNWScooby and I'll be sure to post up some photos once I get to enjoy it.
Very good to hear, John! Makes me very happy you have a true appreciation for it. Enjoy it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom