91 FJ80 No Start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you can start the truck by shorting the hot lead of the starter to the logic side of the starter, then the battery is good.
The logic path: positive battery terminal, fusible links, fuse AM1, ignition switch, NSS, starter.

What would be your reccomendation to check next? If i understand correctly that means everything listed in the logic path is goo correct?

What would be your reccomendation to check next? If i understand correctly that means everything listed in the logic path is goo correct?
NO. NO. NO.
By shorting the positive terminal to the logic terminal you are bypassing all of the logic.
My first suspect is always connections followed by fusible links. The fact that your radio resets points to both.

NO. NO. NO.
By shorting the positive terminal to the logic terminal you are bypassing all of the logic.
My first suspect is always connections followed by fusible links. The fact that your radio resets points to both.

Got it will continue down the logic path

Found the problem it seems everytime I open up a different part of the cruiser that involves wiring I find an "excellent" job by the PO and I have had the truck for 9 years now. I found this with the bare end you see in the pick wrapped with about 30 pieces of electrical tape similar to what you see in the top of the pic. I must have pulled it apart and it was making partial when I did my test start and then disconnected after I drove it.
20170309_103440.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom