For Sale 89' HJ61 California Registration - Truckee, CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1989 HJ61 Toyota Land Cruiser. RHD Japanese Domestic Model VX Limited 4WD 12H-T Diesel Engine.

Mechanically this vehicle is sound, new exhaust system was just put in (May 2019), the 12H-T fires clean, automatic transmission turns before 2500 rpm. It burns a little rich but starts at altitude, and can be adjusted if living at sea level. It is sitting on BFG AT 33’s with less 16,000 miles on them. Brake shoes and pads in the rear and pads in the front were replaced in the last two years. It has Old Man Emu Suspension with stock lift, operable PTO winch, and everything you need to take this on your next domestic expedition.

The truck was purchased and imported from Japan in May 2014. The Beige paint is believed to have been re-painted prior to crossing seas and is currently in good shape, with minor fading on the hood, small bubbling under the driver’s side rear view window, and a few small chips. The two-tone brown interior shows normal wear for its age with what looks like a small burn sealed with crazy glue being the only blem, other than that it is in great condition. The driver’s side front door panel has a separation between two materials that has been filled with adhesive. There are two cracks on the dash due to age, but nothing that impacts performance.

The turbo and affiliated light fires and illuminates as it should. The odometer reads 248,000 kms (~125k miles)

The differential fluid, automatic transmission fluid, transfer case fluid, engine oil, and filters have been flushed regularly and recently. The truck is running strong at freeway speeds, and no current mechanical issues.

Feel free to text or email with any questions, 76 o- 5 o 5- 7 one 8 1, chawkins07@gmail.com. $17,500 currently in eastern california but would be willing to discuss shipping or meeting within reason. Willing to discuss trade options but not looking outside of the Toyota family, will consider 100 series, Tundra or Tacoma Long Bed.

IMG_8367 - Copy.jpg

IMG_8369.jpg

IMG_8368.jpg

IMG_8362.jpg

IMG_8365.jpg

Can you get a close up pic of the bubbling? Is the winch still operational? 24v electrical?
Any documentation on the mileage pre import?
Thanks

This shows the area of concern. The PTO winch is operational. The electrical system is 24v but the winch is not affiliated if that was the question, purely mechanical. I do have the import documentation with mileage, I think it was around 190k km at the time of import but would have to check

I spent a few hours looking at this truck some time ago. The seller is a nice guy and we talked quite a bit.

My thoughts on the rig: its had rust repair in rear quarters, and one door and now has rust in a-pillars and the other door. I recall some issues with windows and mirrors not working and door panels being floppy but those may be resolved. I would consider it to be in average condition otherwise but in need of some front end work as steering is sloppy. I don't recall much more than that at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom