87 Carb Venturi Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1987, Carb ID 21100-61142.

I am rebuilding this carb (my first time) since I bought the and wanted to tune it up. I have meticulously laid out each part in order of how I have taken it apart. Primary Venturi, then Secondary, in that order was how it was removed and laid out, and that is how I have installed them again. But upon the install I have noticed the hole in the top of the Venturis are not the same. It appears that the primary has a larger hole, and the secondary has the smaller hole. This seems to go against my limited knowledge of understanding. (I'm under the impression that the secondary system has the larger holes, as evidence by the secondary jet, and secondary slow jet).

So I have stopped at this checkpoint, wanting to know if I need to leave it as is, where the primary has the larger hole, or do I need to switch them to make the secondary venture have the larger hole?
Again, this is how it was when I removed it. Is this the way it is designed? Did whoever rebuild the carb before me switch them up?

Any help is appreciated.

IMG_9554 2.jpg

IMG_9555.jpg

tempImageLfMAZ7.png

tempImagevvZxqa.png

Remove the nozzle and look at the main nozzle opening, smaller ID (thicker wall) goes on primary. Thinner wall (larger ID) is secondary.
Yea so I should also use the correct terminology as that would be the fuel nozzle. I’ll check that out. Thanks

Last edited:
Just placing this here for future readers and so it will eventually end up in Google images

FJ60 Venturi Primary and Secondary

FJ60 Venturi.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom