For Sale 86 FJ 60 For Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1986 Toyota FJ 60

170,443 miles

Selling this two-owner 60 after 6 years of terrific service to our family. We bought the truck from the original owner, who purchased new in California. We have used the truck as a daily driver ever since. Extensive mechanical re-fit with all work performed by ACC Toyota in Atlanta using OEM parts (except where noted).

All pics here - FJ60 Sale Pics - Google Drive

Here is a list of the big stuff we have done (have the work orders and notes for all this):

Engine/Drive Train

• De-smogged
  • New Trollhole carb
  • New radiator/hoses/clamps
  • New clutch (completely, master, slave, pressure plate, etc)
  • New brakes (completely, master cylinder, rotors, etc)
  • Front axle rebuild
  • T-Case rebuild
  • New H55F 5 speed transmission
  • New motor mounts
  • Compression Test Numbers - 160 155 162 160 162 162

Suspension/Steering

• Iron Man Lift Kit with foam cell shocks, “B” springs and steering damper
  • New OEM PS box, pump and hoses

Other

• Repaired driver’s seat cover using original material
  • Tuffy console box (we have original cup-holder/console)
  • “Aussie-style” mirrors, NOT OEM variety (we have original small side mirrors)
  • New removable face-plate Sony stereo
  • BFG All Terrain tires
  • Removable dash mat (we covered to keep from warping and cracking)

Here’s a list of what needs to be done:

Body (see pictures for these)

• Repair surface rust behind right rear wheel
  • Repair rust at base of tailgate (replace/fabricate new gasket flange)
  • Original front bumper needs straightening and end caps replaced (we have new OEM end caps)
  • Hella spots need replacing

Sale includes full length “safari-style” roof rack

Ignore pics in comments, I'm new to uploading on this site

$25,000

20180508_131153.jpg

20180508_131158.jpg

20180508_131218.jpg

20180508_131226.jpg

20180508_131235.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be super happy to see FJ60's selling for $25,000 in close to stock form with a few minor mods. Unfortunately for whatever reason they have not seemed to have reached that level of desire yet. A clean FJ62 will fetch those numbers though...maybe people really like square headlights? Anyways I looked for a 60 for a long time and finally spent $8500 for a completely rust free truck with 200k on the clock and also 100% stock build. I saw clean modified 60's selling in the $10k-$15k range. Those trucks had no rust and were loaded with mods and accessories etc. Again a similar build on an FJ62 seems to go for a solid +$10k over a 60.

All that said I sincerely hope you can sell your truck for $25k because it helps to push the value of the market up. Its just not likely that it will be a Mud-member :)

As a buyer I would not be thrilled about:

the moldy looking headliner over the drivers corner
the corrosion bubbling on the rear fender and maybe roof
the cracked gutter seal which would make me wonder if there is water damage above the driver

"

• Original front bumper needs straightening and end caps replaced (we have new OEM end caps)
  • Hella spots need replacing"

This orange bit I would not want to see in an ad for a $25k FJ60. If it were an $8k - $12k FJ60 I wouldn't worry about it. But $25k is in the concourse cream-puff mint condition or high build price range.

My .02 which may be worth more or less depending on current exchange rate. GLWS.

the cracked gutter seal which would make me wonder if there is water damage above the driver

"

This orange bit I would not want to see in an ad for a $25k FJ60. If it were an $8k - $12k FJ60 I wouldn't worry about it. But $25k is in the concourse cream-puff mint condition or high build price range.

My .02 which may be worth more or less depending on current exchange rate. GLWS.

Thanks for the feedback Seth, I really appreciate all this.

I will say this is by no means a stock truck. It has a new 5 speed transmission, Iron Man lift, new Tuffy center console, etc. I have gotten estimates on the rust repair and it'll cost $2000.

If someone would like to make me an offer for $23,000 in lieu of the rust work you will be taking on I will be glad to accept this

"

I agree with you. Add in the headliner issues (spots) the engine bay that is far from clean and the same for the carpet, paint that is faded in spots, bailing wire on the exhaust and the slew of other things that are not right. I would expect no more than 15K.
20K+ is a to high.

At that price I would expect to do absolutely nothing to this vehicle and 90% of it to be correct and straight. There are to many little things here are that are just not right.

I am not trying to knock this 60, but I have sold a few classics in the 15-25K range and I can tell you when you get to that level buyers get super picky. As well do not be surprised if someone takes this to a Land Cruiser type shop or classic car shop and have it on a lift and scrutinized the hell out of it.
Even a ripple in the c channels would be a red flag. Just be aware of your buyer, especially on this forum.

Put it on Ebay, some hipster will buy it I am sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom