'85 mini truck for trail use only (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

so Dom was working on the tool box mounts.. once the box is mounted, I am hoping the rest of the tube work goes smoothly :cool: the new welder is trick:skull: John ordered me the ubolts to use on the skidplate for mounting the driveline... so in short order:

*Mount the 4.3, TH350, minicase with 4.7's

*LPG fuel lines and finish work on the engine

*Wire the Taurus fan and otgher misc. wiring

*Tubework: sliders, winch bumper, cage over cab and bed

*Driveshafts

*Shockmounts

with any luck, I can wheel it once or twice before Coal Mine Cruiser Classic:popcorn:

Maybe I can get some pics of the progress and the sweet new welder:steer:

soo the toolbox mount is mostly done, and i have the main pieces for the sliders done and two of the braces that come from the frame done and the fishplates cut out. just need another set of hands so when john gets home from work we'll get them all lined up and welded on

Soooo. basicly the only things left are almost everything?

Soooo. basicly the only things left are almost everything?

yeah, but we finally have the parts to put it together, i think, so it should go fairly smoothly and kinda quickly now....;p

we got the sliders welded on, and a few more little tubes and gussets done....and the new welder is soooooooo nice:grinpimp:

What welder did you get?

lincoln power mig 255c...to replace my lincoln sp175 plus, i loved the 175 and it worked great for the 3 years i had it, (it was 2 years old when i bought it)...when it stopped working right it was time to upgrade, so its getting sent out to get fixed and then i'll sell it(which i think i have it sold;p)

Great welder! Just a little out of my range (and my need at this time). I picked up a Hobart Handler 187 about a month or so ago. Love it so far.

more progress has been made...but my camera's broken, i'll try to find a way to get some pics up sometime soon;p

Any pictures

I hope so too:beer:

The good news is that Dom and John have some concentrated time now to finish it:popcorn:

I hope more than anything to wheel this rig in PA:steer:

I'll try to get some pics when I go over there on Thursday:clap:

things are moving again!

Did some prep work with Dom and John last night for the driveline to go in... in between Red Stripes :lol: :beer: here are a couple pics from my phone.

It is all worth the wait... the level of quality is exactly what I want :grinpimp:

85minitruck.jpg

85mini.jpg

Hopefully things move smoothly over the next two weeks..... this thing needs to be wheeled :steer:

Red Stripes,huh? Are those onboard kegs and not propane? :D
Looks good for the pig run!

looking sweet . . . but WTH is wrong with your camera?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom