83/84 PTO information (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If possible could ask this person about the coarse or fine splines on the end of the driveshaft closest to the PTO and length of the section? The female piece with U joint is long as well as the driveshaft. Part number doesn't support it but wonder if it was made to adjust to both the four and five speed transmissions?

Not sure if your H55F is installed in the cruiser? 10/82 the PTO shift lever moved to front. Believe this may be because with the H55F the PTO is too close for the lever in the back.

I located the heavy rubber piece held in place by the metal ring. Chuck of rubber missing but at least most of still there. I do have an early FJ60 similar piece for the transfer case with L manual shift pattern. Odd because this is the inner boot.
View attachment 3465934View attachment 3465931

Here are a couple of pictures side by side of the 84 HJ47RV and the 83/84 60 series.
View attachment 3465930View attachment 3465933
View attachment 3465932
Oh wow, would've thought that boot would be so similar, I'll have to keep an eye out for one.
That comparison of the two shift brackets is great! I guess that confirms the alterations between the 40 and the 60 bracket.

As for the fine spline, I don't think his pto setup had the fine spline but ill ask him about it.

Any update on the late PTO shifter and driveshaft?

In my stash of parts have a number of different shifter boots. While the transfer case outer boot from the later 60 series is too larger the inner boot could work. Have a torn one plan to use to help patch together the original but a hole complete boot could work if you don't have one to work with.
20220103_140812.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom