8274 won’t free spool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi, purchased it brand new a few years ago (3-4) and had it installed by Rebel Offroad here in SOCAL.
I’ve only used it once to hold my 60 in place on a trailer for a short tow.
A year ago, I was thinking on replacing the steel cable with synthetic line and couldn’t pull the clutch pin on the winch to free spool the drum. The winch goes work under load though.
WTH?
Any ideas?

Chris

'Bump' it in power out. The clutch knob should release.

On mine, it won't free spool until I bump it powered out. A "feature" of the 8274.

It’s actually a pretty intuitive feature. Prevents accidental clutch release. I can see how it could get annoying every first use.

Just got back to this thread. What’s bumping it mean? Can’t find anything on that.

Quickly and briefly press the line out/power out toggle lever. Then try to pull the clutch release. Repeat until success is achieved. Never hurts to gently tap stuff with a hammer if needed.

Sounds like your clutch release possibly got rusty...it moves a gear on a shaft to release/engage...solution is to undo 3 bolts on top cover and pull it off and inspect it...oil reservoir could have water in it...mine did

I will start with the easiest and progress to the more invasive. Clean and oil after dismantling.
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom