80 with lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There is a 95 with factory lockers, ome lift, and metal tech sliders, with 147xxx miles for sale within driving distance of me. What would be a fair price on this they are asking 15k which seems a bit steep. The knuckles have never been rebuilt and it supposedly has a couple of rust spots.

If it's in Maryland, it likely has rust, be careful. $15K for 147XXX is really high. With rust I'd run. Without maybe $8K

not in maryland its in missouri which makes rust possible or not all seems hit and miss around here

well right now i am debating between this the new titan with a cummins or the trail edition 4 runner

$15k is ridiculous. Pure and simple. That seller suffers from a common malady: if I invest X dollars into my truck, which is worth Y then I must have a truck worth X + Y. It's just not the case. The lift and sliders don't add that much to the value of an overall truck, which is why so many people pull those from the their trucks and sell them separately. And while the factory lockers make the truck worth more than one without, that truck is really an $8k truck max.

Id pass. Considering the amount i paid for mine with lockers and the same mileage. I waited a loonnggg time though. Also picked up a trail edition 4runner. Pretty neat so far and feels more spacious than my 80. Id hold off on the titan with the cummins. Because toyota is supposedly partnering up with cummins as well. Either way good luck!!

That's high, even for the midwest. With needing the front rebuilt, it also probably has never had the HG done. I would do no more than $6000, but I'm a cheap bastid. But it better be in REALLY nice shape for the interior and exterior.

Listen, I love 80s more than any other vehicle but paying $15k for anything less than a pristine, rust free, low miles, immaculate interior, meticulously maintained 80 is insane. Buy the trail edition 4Runner and look for a $2-3k 80 to try to break (won't happen).

1993 no rust, straight body, never wheeled, 161k lockers - $6k

thanks all the guy has not really been responsive after I told him how close I was to his location

1997 with OME lift, rebuilt front and rear, 186,000, no rust and factory lockers 8K$

1996 with 153,000 and factory lockers, unmodified, head gasket done 3000 miles ago and birfields done before I took it home $3600. Too bad I rolled it :( .
Now that was a steal..! The H/G and knuckle rebuild would have exceeded what you paid, Having the work done at Toyota. Sadly this Is the reason you are seeing these higher prices now, 80s numbers are dropping fast from rolls on trails, accidents and parting out. The only thing keeping prices low now Is KBB . The dealer offers 2500. for a trade In or pay us 5000. for a H/G and the front end thats been neglected for 15 years and they dump It for 3500. on autotrader. A skilled man can bring a rust free 80 back to near new mechanical condition for about 4K If it has a cloth Interior your set.. If this Is done well, 15,000. for a rig that cost between 41K and 53K when new Is really cheap. These low numbers will be leaving the realm of 80 series very soon, Its changing right now.

well right now i am debating between this the new titan with a cummins or the trail edition 4 runner

Why not throw a Lincoln Navigator in the mix?

So glad I got one finally, and the prior owner had it undercoated every year (a bonus up here in NH) and I plan on continuing that process. Now I just need to add more adventure stuff!

Partly because the vehicles all have a purpose behind their consideration I have no need for a luxury car that I cannot take off road

So glad I got one finally, and the prior owner had it undercoated every year (a bonus up here in NH) and I plan on continuing that process. Now I just need to add more adventure stuff!

I thought all the Landcruisers of this vintage had the factory undercoating option? I know mine kept itself covered with grease/oil from the undercoating spray valve next to the front engine oil seal.

Partly because the vehicles all have a purpose behind their consideration I have no need for a luxury car that I cannot take off road

Seemed like a pretty broad spectrum of choices to me, either an old 4x4, or a new one or a pickup truck. All great choices in their own right.:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom