80 SERIES UPGRADE POLL - MANUMATIC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

UPDATE

No news to report, but Rodney Hudson Davies will be in USA for SEMA and a visit to Cruiser Brothers/Valley Hybrids on November 5. Planning on a little get-together at the shop, with more details to follow.

If you are in Northern Cal and want to drop by for some BBQ and truck talk, let me know. A good chance to let "the man" know of your interest n the 1FZ-FE / A750F adapter project.

Thanks!

I won’t make it out to CA, but I’d be happy to make a deposit on the bell housing to show my “interest”.

I loved the 5 speed in my 05 UZJ100. When @NLXTACY turbo shows up (eventually) my 80 will have power AND gears on par with my 05.

I am hoping interest in this is still alive. I know the time for a rebuild is coming. I was playing with some numbers and thought i would share
with everyone.

upload_2018-11-5_12-24-6.png

@wardharris is the 5/6 speed swap kit still under consideration? Having a ratio between A343s 2nd and 3rd would be a huge help for this:

(3900 lbs)

Headwinds out of Moab left me :deadhorse: the pedal, holding 4200 rpm in 2nd to eek out 50 mph as I backed up traffic on 2 lane. (Rig has 4.56s on 32s). 4.5 mpg from Moab to Price :(

C4FD2708-9E8C-484C-A468-237C58E9E048.jpeg

Now there is bell housing for the 1FZ to H55F (5-speed manual).
If we can only have this company make one for our needs.

You should contact @The FJ Company and ask them. You will probably have to buy a bell housing and submit it to them for them to re-engineer and pay for the engineering/prototyping as well. Might be worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom