Events/Trails 80 series trip to Ouray, CO - 2012? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

85badger

TLCA #23852
Threads
Air Capital of the World! Wichita, Ks/Choctaw, Ok
I just got done flipping through a thread on the 100 series page where they planned a trip and did a lot of the local trails in the Ouray area, I was wondering if their is a similiar "annual" trip planned for 80's or just any Yota trip that I could tag along next summer in early late July or early Aug? Just curious, it would be nice to hang with other 80's guy's, as last time I went, we were solo. Luckily we had no problems....it's always nice to wheel with someone else, especially if they know the area better than I. I know its a year off but I'm bored at work here in KS and its 105 today, I've got the mountains on my mind!!

The FJ guys have an event in July every year. I happened to be in the area at the time, the whole town was FJs. From what I understand its a very well ran event. I'm going to try and make it up there next year with my 80.

Last edited:
Found it on the FJ page: 2011 fjsummit
Looks like they are open to all types of toyota's, might have to crash the party next summer!!

Wife and I are going out next summer with my (I mean our) 80. Bought a couple of books on the trails in Colorado but am thinking about attending fj summit. Looks like a good time.

We've been going every year for the last 7 years or so. It's truly the best views and times our family has ever had. We always go the Sunday before the FJ Cruiser Summit and usually head to the Crested Butte area on Wed or Thursday when the Summit begins. Lots of cool FJs. Great times. We'll be back same time next year.

Here's a pic of my son and his (now that he is 16) FJ80 in the area. It was a blast letting him drive Engineer pass while I was in the passenger seat. Would love to meet up next year with other FJ80's.

Anyone interested I have lots of info. about cabins, places to eat, things to see and all else.
Colorado 2011 080.jpg

I would sure try to make an 80 event. Can't hurt to try...
AR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom